Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Armed Forces Day !

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
To all serving members and veterans of our countries forces I wish you a good day.

I will be having a quiet rum later ( Ex Royal Navy and proud of it).

(Also thinking of Brunswick choking on his tea and cake when he reads this)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I will be thinking of all serving members and veterans today.

Particularly those who are suffering sickness, injury or trauma as a result of their service, and those who will in the future if we continue this madness.

& I will continue to hope that one day these brave men and women will only have their lives put at risk in the genuine defense of this country, and that they will never again be sent to serve the interests of people who could not care less about them, or us.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

Particularly those who are suffering sickness, injury or trauma as a result of their service, and those who will in the future if we continue this madness.

& I will continue to hope that one day these brave men and women will only have their lives put at risk in the genuine defense of this country, and that they will never again be sent to serve the interests of people who could not care less about them, or us.

Well said. I, too, will raise a glass to say thank you to our Armed Services, past and present.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

Your at it again Dingo...The thread is about saluting our forces for 1 day and whilst you start your response meaning well, you just cant help slipping (or is it preaching) your left wing thoughts. Enjoy your Morning Star Citizen Smith !

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Your at it again Dingo...The thread is about saluting our forces for 1 day and whilst you start your response meaning well, you just cant help slipping (or is it preaching) your left wing thoughts. Enjoy your Morning Star Citizen Smith !

I dont understand why being against corruption and the highjacking of foriegn policy by commercial interests makes me of the left? Would someone of the right not be just as against these things?

And if we did not have this corruption and highjacking of our foriegn policy then those service personel who have been killed or injured, would not have been killed or injured.

Why are you so against what I say?

So who are these people who don't care about them or us.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So who are these people who don't care about them or us.

"Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy."
Henry Kissinger, 1974

Military - Wikiquote.

Anyone who uses deceit to send our friends and families to war for commerical interests qualifies.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
dildodan, you're f***ing up innocuous threads with your batshit crazy vision of the world and all its ills, I invite you to visit these places (Iraq/Afghan/ME) and then make informed points of discussion.

Feel free to pm me for real up-to-the-minute boots on the ground experience on either location, there's a good boy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here