Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The GREATEST EVER rock single?

[yt]pD-i-yv-Mz8[/yt]

Albeit played off an album here :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You have to admire a man who has had so many of his songs covered by other people. I would bet that he gives Lennon and McCartney a good run for their money there. Always was the most famous protest singer ever as well.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Top Ten Dylan Song

1. Dont think Twice
2. A hard rains gonna fall
3.Sad eyed lady f the low lands
4Tangled up in Blue
5.Simple twist of fate
6.Girl from the north country Light (The version with J.Cash)
7.Like a rolling stone
8.Most likely you go your way
9.Maggies Farm
10.Idiot Wind

Obviously there are loads and loads more but off the top of my head my favourites, no particular order apart from number one

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Top Ten Dylan Song

1. Dont think Twice
2. A hard rains gonna fall
3.Sad eyed lady f the low lands
4Tangled up in Blue
5.Simple twist of fate

6.Girl from the north country Light (The version with J.Cash)
7.Like a rolling stone
8.Most likely you go your way
9.Maggies Farm
10.Idiot Wind

Obviously there are loads and loads more but off the top of my head my favourites, no particular order apart from number one

Seems like you might lean towards Blood On The Tracks?

I know i'm in the minority but i've never been able to get on with it. Idiot Wind in particular, just gets on my nerves after a while.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hard to narrow it down, but my favourite is probably Girl From The North Country (Freewheelin' version).

That's the one they had on screen repetitively at the Country Music Hall of fame in Nashville when I went there, so you are not alone!! Although it was a live version recorded with Johnny Cash off some tv show.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Mike Beard, I hadnt noticed that, oddly enough It not my fav album, Its about 5th in my Dylan Album chart, Freewheelin being 1st, Bringing it all back home 2nd, 3rd Nahville Skyline (I know ill get stick for that, its not a country album!! lol),4th Bob Dylan, then Blonde on Blonde, so actual Blood on track 6th, I see your point though the songs did lean towards it, Maybe I should mention Blood on the tracks was in the cd player in car on way to work lol

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just in case any Dylan Fans are interested. :thumbsup:

Marking the musician's 70th birthday on May 24th 2011 and drawing on archive, much of which has never before been broadcast, a group of writers, poets, musicians and fans have been asked to reflect on what Bob Dylan means to them.

Bob Dylan and Me offers a series of essays, richly woven together with songs and archive interviews.

Cerys Matthews talks about Bob Dylan's personal impact on her life and music. Paul Morley reflects on Dylan's ability to acquire fame by staying aloof. Professor Christopher Ricks looks at Dylan's years with God. Eddi Reader reflects on the women in his songs.

Billy Bragg takes on Bob's troubadour tradition. Beat poet Michael McClure gives a personal view on the man. Natasha Morgan talks about the night she saw Bob Dylan's first British appearance in 1961.

Also featured in the programme will be a number of rare Bob Dylan interviews, many not broadcast on British radio before.

We will hear Dylan's radio debut from 1962 on WBAI, "I was with the carnival off and on for six years," and he tells KQED San Francisco in 1965, " Do you think of yourself primarily as a singer or a poet?" "Oh I think of myself as more a song and dance man y'know"

Sound Design by Alice K. Winz

Producers: David Prest and Caroline Hughes.
A Whistledown production for BBC Radio 4.

BBC - BBC Radio 4 Programmes - Archive on 4, Bob Dylan and Me

4 days left to listen

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Nice One ClippedGull and thanks didnt know about is but I for one will be tuning in, I didnt realise I had reached middle age untill I started to enjoy radio 4 and the plays at two o clock, Oh my God where did it all go so wrong and I became old!!!! lol

"Make you feel my love" - Apologies for my ignorance but I never realised that was a Dylan song. Just searched on Spotify the original and there has been a huge number of covers - bet the royalties come in handy. Even Jeremy Irons has had a go at it!

Not a huge fan of Dylan but have seen him live 3 times as wife is. Definitely has charisma.

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Saw him at the '69 IOW Festival. Waited 3 days until he turned up late on the last night in the freezing cold. He only did a short stint (which was disappointing) but I think it was one of his first concerts after his motorbike crash. The Band were good, the man is a legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here