Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hangleton is it Posh or Council???

Is Hangleton Posh or is it Council

• Its Posh Ronnie Davis and Wardy have lived there.

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Its Council ever walked along Harmsworth Crescent??

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Both, its Posh and Council - Council on the East Side

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • I have Drunk in The Grenadier or The Downsman its Council

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Posh I have dined at The Hangleton Manor

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its not Hove, i know that. :p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ask the children....................

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I spent the first eight years of my life there back in the 70s and I have to say that both then and now it is neither posh nor council as it has some nice houses overlooking St Helens Green, but most of the area consists of bungalow land and suburban semis.

If anything the council element seems to be more troublesome now than it was in my days there, so in my eyes it is less attractive to live in than it used to be.

I suppose it's like most areas in that it is just a run-of-the-mill place to live (not posh at all - very much like the Preston Drove and Seven Dials areas). It isn't anything to cream yourself over.
:wave:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
'Angleten innit?

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Which is quite amusing since the thread starter grew up directly opposite west Blatch :laugh:

Working across all the estates in the city as I do I have to say that Hangleton is one of the least troublesome. Compared to Whitehawk, Moulscoomb or anywhere in East Brighton including Woodingdean (where you need 6 toes or webbed feet to live) its like Knightsbridge. I grew up and worked in Hangleton for the last 40 years so I guess I'm biased but I can't imagine doing my job and living in the same area in some of the other parts of Brighton.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Everywhere on the wrong side of the South Downs is shit. When the tides rise and the waters come in, you're all f***ed. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Which is quite amusing since the thread starter grew up directly opposite west Blatch :laugh:

Working across all the estates in the city as I do I have to say that Hangleton is one of the least troublesome. Compared to Whitehawk, Moulscoomb or anywhere in East Brighton including Woodingdean (where you need 6 toes or webbed feet to live) its like Knightsbridge. I grew up and worked in Hangleton for the last 40 years so I guess I'm biased but I can't imagine doing my job and living in the same area in some of the other parts of Brighton.
Cheeky !!!!!!!!!!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Both clearly. Crappy council bit on the hill and nicer hangleton valley type bit as well.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Too many fuckin snobs on here, Hangleton's part of the great city of Brighton and Hove, I spent the first 10 years of my life in Birdham Rd (Moulsecoombe) and at least there was a sense of community and we spoke to each other, (when was the last time you had a proper conversation with one of your neighbours?)
OK some areas are nicer to live in (better views/ less youngsters hanging around on street corners etc.) i just wonder why it is so fair game to slag off the places other Brightonians live?

#steps down from soap box#

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Too many fuckin snobs on here, Hangleton's part of the great city of Brighton and Hove, I spent the first 10 years of my life in Birdham Rd (Moulsecoombe) and at least there was a sense of community and we spoke to each other, (when was the last time you had a proper conversation with one of your neighbours?)
OK some areas are nicer to live in (better views/ less youngsters hanging around on street corners etc.) i just wonder why it is so fair game to slag off the places other Brightonians live?

#steps down from soap box#

Its called cheap Humour, some comedians steer away from it as its seen as too easy, Mr Garoghan has made a career out of it

YouTube - Terry Garoghan - Moulsecoomb (Blue Moon Parody) :p

It is hard not to smile at some of these dittys and yes Moulescoombe probably has a much better community spirt than Patcham.

YouTube - Patcham Wannabe - Terry Garoghan * Brighton The Musical :p

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Its called cheap Humour, some comedians steer away from it as its seen as too easy, Mr Garoghan has made a career out of it

YouTube - Terry Garoghan - Moulsecoomb (Blue Moon Parody) :p

It is hard not to smile at some of these dittys and yes Moulescoombe probably has a much better community spirt than Patcham.

YouTube - Patcham Wannabe - Terry Garoghan * Brighton The Musical :p

Don't get me wrong, Like most Brightonians i'm a big fan of Terry Garroghan,

i didn't mean it like that anyway, Cheap humour's fine but sometimes on here it's

pure venom when describing someone elses residential area of Brighton and Hove

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here