Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Handcross Hill

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Sorry nothing to do with football but ive been stuck there for 2 hours tonight and its a load of f**king bo**ocks.
Every f**king week someone crashes there, when will they do something about the f**king thing.
Tonight was a classic a lorry carrying mud spilt its load , f**king typical.:censored: :censored: :censored:

Rant over :drink:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Its at least once a week in the winter and getting worse

I saw it on my way to Gatwick, looked pretty nasty, Fatboy Prescott needs to do something about this NOW !

Hmm, heard that somewhere before !

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Some of the back roads (via Horsham for example) are really easy to get the hang of. I'd seriously consider learning a few different ways home and keep the traffic reports on so that you can take a different route at the first sign of trouble.

Last edited:

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
Tossers on Mercury told us to get off at Crawley and head south down A24 - only to find that roadworks have reduced it to one lane so it was just as f**king busy!!!:angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Even the back roads (Handcross, Staplefield, Balcombe Road) get just as clogged up when the A23 has problems.

The trouble is, if they ever decide to do something about the regular accidents and improve the road, it will then mean a year of roadworks and even worse delays.

"For Your Convenience" or course.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
THe speed limit should be severely reduced in that area and cameras to catch anyone speeding. The people who drive through there most are probably the cause of most of the accidents and i reckon go through at about 60 mph.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I was f***ed off because I always comeoff at pease pottage but it took me an extra half hour to get off at pease pottage cause every fucker was cutting accross sussex to get home making me late home.

Still working form home today so I don't care as I can watch the cricket and do very little. :clap2: :clap2:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just to add my tale of woe. Left Lincoln at 1pm, thinking I'd be back home in Steyning by 5, 4:30 hit the queue, did't come off at Handcross as the queue was actually moving. Home at 6:30. Five and a half hours in the car.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
DKM that isn't bad from Lincoln considering the A1

It took me 5 and a half hours to get from Steyning to Huddersfield on Monday morning. The vast majority of the drive is motorway.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The A1 was fine, and the journey up only took around three and a half hours. If the journey was on Friday night or in the rush-hour you may think five and a half is not too excessive, but driving through the afternoon I did think four hours should be enough. What was galling was thinking I'd be home at five, but what should have been the last half hour took two hours.

Anyway, it feels better to get that off my chest.

By the way - why Newhaven ? Steyning is a fine town.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
3 fu*king hours it took to get from Crawley to Brighton last night, I was soo angry !!, why can't the c*nts drive through Handcross Hil with out crashingl, its not difficult !!

:angry: :angry:

Simon

Jul 5, 2003
Stuart Munday said:
Sorry nothing to do with football but ive been stuck there for 2 hours tonight and its a load of f**king bo**ocks.
Every f**king week someone crashes there, when will they do something about the f**king thing.
Tonight was a classic a lorry carrying mud spilt its load , f**king typical.:censored: :censored: :censored:

Rant over :drink:

I have to use Hancross Hill every day, up and down at least half a dozen times, and you are spot on, it is getting worse and worse lately.
The quantity of muppets who use that piece of road is so staggeringly high, and i have a theory that when the people going North in the morning get stuck in traffic just before the bottleneck at Warninglid, it makes them late for work, so as they get onto the two lane section they are texting and phoning to say they will be late. By the time they get to the snakey 's' they are reading or listening to a reply on their mobile, and hence they go straight up the car in fronts arse when they brake.

As for the lorries who go too fast down the hill through the 's' bends, knowing full well the road is uneven, and then wondering why they dump their loads.

They should be banned for being potential killers.

You are right to rant.

Luckily I now I have full working knowlede of every side road, farm track, and private drive between Ansty and handcross, and have to use them regularly, but it's becoming beyond a joke.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
yep Handcross is a nightmare - two weeks ago it took us about 3 hours to get to Crawley from Shoreham because of a van of the side of the road....

although at least we're all alive and ok - some poor chap got carted off the 5:32 London Bridge - Littlehampton train last night in a very very bad way - maybe heart attack / stroke..... I hope he's ok - although didn't look at all good....train was very delayed although no one complained....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dick Knights Mum said:
The A1 was fine, and the journey up only took around three and a half hours. If the journey was on Friday night or in the rush-hour you may think five and a half is not too excessive, but driving through the afternoon I did think four hours should be enough. What was galling was thinking I'd be home at five, but what should have been the last half hour took two hours.

Anyway, it feels better to get that off my chest.

By the way - why Newhaven ? Steyning is a fine town.

Purely price. The three bedroomed house we are selling here is only £84000.

My cousin lives in Steyning which is why I stay there.

We can get a house in Newhaven (which is where Ned is working too) for 40K cheaper than Steyning or Shoreham.

I agree about Handcross Hill to get back on topic. It needs straightening out. Why build a motorway leading onto dual carriageway and then leave a chicane in the middle of it?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I don't understand why they don't just straighten it?

48.jpg

xx

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
chez said:
I left Steyning for Stansted at 3:30 I've just got back now at 9:30 because of Handcross Hill and an 7 vechicle crash on the M25. What a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

The M25 is the biggest car park in the country. I see an accident on that road EVERYTIME I go to CAFC. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here