Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond to play the Virgo role?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Could this be the answer to the long-running striker problem? He's got three this season from midfield and I know he has missed on quite a few subsequent occasions but he does tend to get in the right positions. Paul Reid to move up into the vacated midfield position but who fills in at leftback. Maybe give Kerry another run until we can get cover there. Even dare I suggest that Gary Hart be given a try as striker.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Lets stick Harty in goal while we're at it, ultimate utility player, and apparently determined to make punched clearances ;)

Last edited:

whitelion said:
Could this be the answer to the long-running striker problem?

It looked a good theory for a while. But then he had all those glaring misses from a few yards out. And on Saturday he bottled out of a shot when clean through.

When Chippy returns, I'd love to have him back on the left flank though, where he has got most of his goals.

seagull9

Feb 27, 2005
Burgess Hill
At least Hammond is in the right place to miss, all good strikers miss !!!!!!!!!!!
Remember the amount of chances Bobby Z missed !!!!!!

I think Hammond up front for a few games is well worth a try

As long as Oatway does not replace him in Midfield(Robinson or Knight in Midfield for me)

1066gull

As soon as Chippy is back, should be him and Hammond as the rock in the block. French flair on the wing, obviously.

Reid either still in the vacant LB position or challanging for a midfield slot with Chippy or Hammond as we found (or use Mayo) at LB.

I would love to see El-Abd and McShane together. Drop Butters, because I think El-Abd is stronger.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Re: Re: Hammond to play the Virgo role?

London Irish said:
It looked a good theory for a while. But then he had all those glaring misses from a few yards out. And on Saturday he bottled out of a shot when clean through.

When Chippy returns, I'd love to have him back on the left flank though, where he has got most of his goals.

On the radio it said it was Nicolas, and that MM threw up his hands in despair at the missed chance when Hammond should have passed.

Frutos on the left, although he could conceivably play in the middle. I think I would prefer Chippy in the middle because he is right-footed and can cross from the right wing in the 4-3-3.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Hammond to play the Virgo role?

perseus said:
On the radio it said it was Nicolas, and that MM threw up his hands in despair at the missed chance when Hammond should have passed.

Frutos on the left, although he could conceivably play in the middle. I think I would prefer Chippy in the middle because he is right-footed and can cross from the right wing in the 4-3-3.
Nicolas has a shot that troubled the corner flag, when he probably could've passed, Hammond bottled a shot and pulled it back to no one instead.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
seagull9 said:
At least Hammond is in the right place to miss, all good strikers miss !!!!!!!!!!!
Remember the amount of chances Bobby Z missed !!!!!!

I think Hammond up front for a few games is well worth a try

As long as Oatway does not replace him in Midfield(Robinson or Knight in Midfield for me)

Robinson in midfield???????????????? instead of who?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Uncle Buck said:
Lets not bother putting any of the players in a position. Just tell them to take to the field and express themselves....

Fantastic.......Are we Brazil 1970..?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Uncle Buck said:
More Holland 1974, we will nearly get it right, but then there will be one almighty bust up in the squad, when an prank to turn Trolley's can of WD40 into a grenade goes horribly wrong....

as long as Mr Oatway isnt invovled with the "Total Football" we'll be ok

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here