Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond Apologises Lets all move on

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I couldn't care less about what he did or didn't do or whether he's apologised or not.

All I'm concerned about is the the football, pure and simple - goal celebrations are a very minor and largely irrelevant distraction.

All that matters is how he performs on the pitch.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fair play to him for putting his hands up and saying he was wrong. Plenty of people on here that could take a leaf out of his book...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bollocks, he didn't get any shit or abuse that day. That's why what he did made him such a prick. If Harding had done it then fair enough, he was getting slaughtered, but for Hammond 99% of the crowd had given nothing but polite applause to him.

Where is this apology, anyway?

At the match in question I'd agree but he certainly took abuse around the contract negotiations. As others have posted in another thread DK blames Hammond but personally I think there's more to it and some of the abuse aimed at Hammond at the time was probably over the top. THAT is probably why he reacted as he did at the match and why, IMHO, it wasn't an unreasonable reaction.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's done and dusted. Born in Sussex. Really Brighton through and through. Enough said. You never forget your roots.

Oddsocks

May 1, 2012
We all know football is fickle. A hero one minute, a traitor the next....Thankfully it's just us fans that feel this and Gus Poyet is above all of that and is building his squad as he sees fit. So far there is very little reason to question his judgement on anything, so let's just wait and see eh.......if Hammond walks on the pitch wearing an Albion shirt, he needs to be made welcome (for the rest of the team and Gus' sake if nothing else). If he walks on the pitch wearing a Southampton shirt we'll know it was bad descision and the cynics were right all along! :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Exactly! Time to move on people. This was 4-5 years ago!

I've got no axe to grate with Hammond, but can you elaborate on the specific time period after which it is "time to move on"?

Our run-ins with Archer, Bellotti, Stanley, Barry Hearn, Carl Griffiths and Scott McGleish were all more than 4 or 5 years ago. Should we forget those too?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Bollocks, he didn't get any shit or abuse that day. That's why what he did made him such a prick. If Harding had done it then fair enough, he was getting slaughtered, but for Hammond 99% of the crowd had given nothing but polite applause to him.

Where is this apology, anyway?

Wow! You really need to get over it. Grow up. Hammond obviously has.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Good enough for me, but think it needed to be said - Good work Dean, welcome home

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have no issue with him now he's apologized, I'm just unsure whether it's a good signing in footballing terms. He warmed the bench most of the time for Southampton, compared to Crofts who played consistently for Norwich in this league.

He played many times for Stains in the Championship...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Paragraph from The Argus:

Some fans have reacted negatively to Hammond's return on internet message boards and vowed to give him a hard time.

"I kind of expect it, because what I did was wrong. It's up to me to prove them wrong.

It was 100% heat of the moment. Obviuosly looking back on it I wish I hadn't done it. I never meant to offend anyone."
That doesn't give a lot of maneuvering room for any knobjockey that still wants to boo and Brighton player.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can't believe how sensitive people are.

If we signed Kevin Nolan would people be upset ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He was bang out of order on that day, he has now apologised, apology accepted, let's move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here