The Fatherland
"Naylor had mentioned 'the internet message board"

Corrected for you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I shall accept his apology.

Tie his arms behind his back and chuck him in a river, if he sinks then he is truly sorry, if he floats he's not and we can give him a good old fashioned Lynching.

Harsh but fair.

:hilton::hilton:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I shall accept his apology.
So will I. He acted like a twat, but in the general scheme of things, it wasn't a terrible crime and he's apologised whilst recognising that what he did was unnecessary and offensive.

As has been said, everyone deserves a second chance. I do think he needed to make that apology though.

DanielT

I agree with your sentiments however, some people are too stubborn or have such fragile egos that they cannot move on and will feel that "betrayal" for the rest of their lives.

He has apologised, explaining that he was younger, it was rash and in the heat of the moment. but now he want to do a good job for the Albion. Again that won't be enough for some who still feel bitter.

I believe he deserves a second chance.

Agreed. If any can't let it go, these are clearly people who never make mistakes.

Having your apology as a newspaper headline is a massive gesture and if anyone doesn't let it go, then let's hope they never need to be forgiven for anything ever!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I agree with your sentiments however, some people are too stubborn or have such fragile egos that they cannot move on and will feel that "betrayal" for the rest of their lives.

He has apologised, explaining that he was younger, it was rash and in the heat of the moment. but now he want to do a good job for the Albion. Again that won't be enough for some who still feel bitter.

Agree . Let's focus on supporting now rather than on something that is in the past and he regrets.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
It takes balls to come back after the reaction he did that day so credit to him for coming back and for making the apology. He's a Brighton lad so he will want to do well for the team, maybe more so than any other team and the past history will hopeful stengthen that desire for him.

And also on the plus side, his arrival may finally keep Dicker out of the team!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
It takes balls to come back after the reaction he did that day so credit to him for coming back and for making the apology. He's a Brighton lad so he will want to do well for the team, maybe more so than any other team and the past history will hopeful stengthen that desire for him.

And also on the plus side, his arrival may finally keep Dicker out of the team!

From Hastings not Brighton. Small point admittedly. I agree with you though it has taken some nuts for him to come back.

Oddsocks

May 1, 2012

Yep....we've all stuck a middle finger up at a colleague who later becomes your boss or shown your mates naked pictures of a girl that later becomes your wife........ Mistakes happen.

I suspect he feels foolish enough and embarressed and humble. All of which will motivate him to do well from the off - to prove his worth. The apology goes a long way I reckon.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Was angry at the time of the incident, but spur of the moment actions are later regreted, Hammond has apologised through the press, he also commented in his transfer day video that he has bridges to rebuild and he is now older and wiser. All fans should forget and forgive, he is now playing for Albion again. If you still have too boo him, then stand back and look at yourself, who is the idiot now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here