Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half time guest at Liverpool game

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You mean Ex Liverpool and Preston Mark Lawrenson?

Although I'm sure now we are doing well he'll probably slip in that he played for us once.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Case all day. Lawrenson seems to gloss over any mention of playing for us, almost as though he's embrassed about it. Although as Arthur says, now we are a club with ambition and on the up he'd no doubt shoe-horn a mention that he played for us any chance he gets.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Case will get the best reception, easy. More people at the game would have seen case play at the Goldstone - I've got some great memories!
& +1 Lawrenson never mentions the Albion - sad really, maybe now we're getting some attention he'll pipe up? - good or bad?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dean Saunders?

Michael Robinson?

Robinson would be perfect - played for both clubs, and with his 'Spanish Jeff Stelling' head on, can fill us all in about our new superstar.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Case every time for me, I can still remember the day he signed for us, I was stunned for a while. Lawro on the other hand, as has been said above, seems embarrassed about playing in the blue and white stripes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dean Saunders?

Michael Robinson?

Robinson would be perfect - played for both clubs, and with his 'Spanish Jeff Stelling' head on, can fill us all in about our new superstar.

I'd love to see Michael Robinson there, suspect it will be Jimmy Case though. Lawrenson was there for Football Focus at the Donny game.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Definitely Jimmy Case.

He was always one of those players you loved to hate.....until he signed for us & then he was the best thing since sliced bread.
Gave us some great memories, too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Case or Robinson would be great. Only problem with Case will be he may not hear the questions!

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Lawrenson doesn't deny playing for us. He goes on about Preston as it's his home town (nothing wrong with supporting your local team...) and after he left us he went on to play for arguably the best club team in Europe and won a load of medals. Some people are way too sensitive on here.

Case and Lawrenson were both brilliant for us (we won't mention Case's management time). I'd like them both to be there.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You mean Ex Liverpool and Preston Mark Lawrenson?

Although I'm sure now we are doing well he'll probably slip in that he played for us once.

Case for sure. Lawrenson pretty much denies ever playing for us.

Case every time for me, I can still remember the day he signed for us, I was stunned for a while. Lawro on the other hand, as has been said above, seems embarrassed about playing in the blue and white stripes.

Where has this myth about Lawrenson disowning Brighton come from. I've heard him many times mention his time here and speak fondly of the team then. He has also admitted supporting Preston (which is fair enough, they're his home team) but that's not the same as being anti-Brighton.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
*sigh*

I'm pretty sure this Lawro denial thing is absolute bollocks. PNE were his local team, Liverpool were champions of Europe and the latter day equivalent of Man Utd in terms of domination. If he waxes lyrical about either, I think that's forgiveable. I don't think he has anything negative to say about his time at the Albion, so he's alright with me.

Edit: Gwylan beat me to it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In fairness to Lawro he was very disappointed when he left us as he didnt want to go to Liverpool he had set his heart on Man Utd but Mike Bamber thought otherwise.

He had a pub near Moreton in The Marsh and had a variety of his football shirts on display from Liverpool mainly, Eire, Preston and Brighton so he is not anti Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here