Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Had my tour of the stadium today.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Had my tour of the stadium today and having watched the web cam for two years and probably seen every photo pasted on hear and Adrian’s web site, I was generally under the impression that I “had seen it all” and was just seeing it in the flesh so to speak, but to confirm what other have said, it just blows you away, it is totally awesome, It so big and easy to get lost with all the various concourses and levels.
Whilst walking around the pitch is was if it was someone else’s ground, and not ours, its just totally unbelievable. We have not only got a home again, but a really fantastic one at that.
Saw the Ronnie exhibit which made me chuckle, in the fans bar which seemed very sterile, but it brand new, so to be expected, also not sure if the acoustics will be good enough for the bands that will play there, but eh its footy stadium not a gig venue.

The only think that slightly unnerved me was the upper west, I went right up to the back, fantastic view granted, but as a vertigo sufferer, I could not sit up there, also the front wall on the upper is a lot lower than I expected, thigh high at best, to the point I could not even bring myself to get near it, never mind look over it !!

But every thing about the stadium oozes quality, What a great day I had.

Palace 'n' proud

Jun 29, 2011
Just out of interest, why did your lot lodge at the whitdean?
I'm not all that 'up' on my knowledge of the seaweeds history.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just out of interest, why did your lot lodge at the whitdean?
I'm not all that 'up' on my knowledge of the seaweeds history.

We were just trying out a shitty athletics stadium to see what it will be like when Palace move to their new ground in 2032 so we can rip the piss out of you when you're in the Ryman League. :thumbsup:

Sep 1, 2010
Had my tour of the stadium today and having watched the web cam for two years and probably seen every photo pasted on hear and Adrian’s web site, I was generally under the impression that I “had seen it all” and was just seeing it in the flesh so to speak, but to confirm what other have said, it just blows you away, it is totally awesome, It so big and easy to get lost with all the various concourses and levels.
Whilst walking around the pitch is was if it was someone else’s ground, and not ours, its just totally unbelievable. We have not only got a home again, but a really fantastic one at that.
Saw the Ronnie exhibit which made me chuckle, in the fans bar which seemed very sterile, but it brand new, so to be expected, also not sure if the acoustics will be good enough for the bands that will play there, but eh its footy stadium not a gig venue.

The only think that slightly unnerved me was the upper west, I went right up to the back, fantastic view granted, but as a vertigo sufferer, I could not sit up there, also the front wall on the upper is a lot lower than I expected, thigh high at best, to the point I could not even bring myself to get near it, never mind look over it !!

But every thing about the stadium oozes quality, What a great day I had.

Have to agree about the wall at the front of the WSU, seemed very very low to me too and i am only a midget. I am surprised there is not a grab rail just a few inches off the top of it

Palace 'n' proud

Jun 29, 2011
And let me guess, when we're in the Ryman league Bri**ton will be an established premiership team, would have expanded your nice new stadium into the 45k stadium that you desperately need and are competing in europe year after year?

Get real mate, the fact is that small clubs like ours (yours is smaller!) will probably never hit the highest heights simply because we'll never be as desirable as Man U or Arsenal say.

Good luck to Brighton this year, honestly. I'd rather play in any division as long as we had matches with yourselves, millwall, charlton etc to play year in year out. Last season on the Champ was awful, apart from Millwall it was just one boring shit-stained club after another.

We were just trying out a shitty athletics stadium to see what it will be like when Palace move to their new ground in 2032 so we can rip the piss out of you when you're in the Ryman League. :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was invited on a tour, courtesy of a friend, but can't make it as I am on a stag do. The same stag that is making me miss the first game because of his wedding.

There are ways of going off people..!

Can't wait to get inside the ground. It's been a long wait.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have to agree about the wall at the front of the WSU, seemed very very low to me too and i am only a midget. I am surprised there is not a grab rail just a few inches off the top of it

I'm now worried that one of you pissed up ruffians is going to fall on me!!

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
I was invited on a tour, courtesy of a friend, but can't make it as I am on a stag do. The same stag that is making me miss the first game because of his wedding.

I am in an identical situation. Stag do last weekend and an Irish wedding on the day of Doncaster. Unbelievably selfish some people.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

How does one get invited on a tour? I'm getting desperate. Every time I go up there I see great hordes of people being showed round!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
And let me guess, when we're in the Ryman league Bri**ton will be an established premiership team, would have expanded your nice new stadium into the 45k stadium that you desperately need and are competing in europe year after year?

Get real mate, the fact is that small clubs like ours (yours is smaller!) will probably never hit the highest heights simply because we'll never be as desirable as Man U or Arsenal say.

Good luck to Brighton this year, honestly. I'd rather play in any division as long as we had matches with yourselves, millwall, charlton etc to play year in year out. Last season on the Champ was awful, apart from Millwall it was just one boring shit-stained club after another.

The "Champ" was awful because Palace were in it - it would be so much better if you were in the Rymans League as you have so eloquently predicted!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here