Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutted!!!

jeremy beadles hand

Jul 31, 2003
Hangleton
What a prat!

A TRUCKER killed himself because he feared he had been zapped by a speed camera and was about to lose the job he loved.

Kevin Lee, 38, thought he had nine points on his licence — and that being caught by the camera would lead to an automatic ban.

But he actually only had three points and he had NOT been caught by a camera.

Father-of-two Kevin was found hanged from a bridge just off the M1 in Sandiacre, Derbyshire.

After a coroner ruled his death a suicide, his widow Jennie said last night: “Speed cameras certainly had a major impact in Kevin’s death.

“Driving was his life and the thought of losing his licence had ripped him apart.

“He was always in his truck and I cannot imagine what else he would have done.

“It would have been really playing on his mind at the time of his death.

“I don’t know which camera had flashed him but I remember he was really worried.”

Jennie, of Kettering, Northants, told an earlier hearing how Kevin feared he had been caught by the speed camera.

She said: “All he ever wanted to do was drive. He said that he thought he still had nine points. He always assumed that.

“He thought if he got another he’d lose his job and his licence.”

Kevin was found hanged two days before he was due to take a test allowing him to drive even larger vehicles than his current HGV Class 2 ranking.

He left his home at 4.30am and drove in his car to Sandiacre where he stopped just off the M1.

Next he tied a rope round his neck and on a bridge parapet.

Then he walked down a slope until his feet left the ground.

Passing drivers raised the alarm but he was certified dead at the scene. He left no note.

Police confirmed he had only three current points on his licence, because the other six were more than three years old.

And PC Miriam Roche, who traced his routes, found no evidence that he had been caught in a speed trap.

He worked for ED Trucking, of Thruxton, Northants, and was described as a “first-class worker.”

Prat? That's a bit harsh isn't it JBH? The guy feared so much for his job and life that he felt compelled to do this.

Okay perhaps the sensible thing to do would be to check first, then commit suicide if you think it appropriate. Most of us wouldn't though, but clearly he was an unhappy man :nono:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It just goes to show you never really know what is going on in someone's mind.

What some people would dismiss as a minor irritation can mean literally life or death to other people.

As Mr C said, he was clearly unhappy and a desperate man.

A coward too. I wonder how his wife is coping now.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone remember that geexer that thought he had not bought a lottery ticket and his numbers came up with a win of 2 million quid. Hehung himself because he thought he hadn't won when his wife had gone out and bougt the ticket.

What a CHISLA:jester:

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Does anyone remember that geexer that thought he had not bought a lottery ticket and his numbers came up with a win of 2 million quid. Hehung himself because he thought he hadn't won when his wife had gone out and bougt the ticket.

What a CHISLA:jester:
I did that once. Well - I decided on my numbers then in my finite wisdom realised that I could save a pound by not buying a ticket. What a <insert crazy word here> :shootself

Geexer.... I like that word ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here