Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus you are a Diva!!

Gus has been brilliant for Brighton and I love the team and the football he has helped them produce for us. I personally would never boo my team as long as they give 100% and this team do.BUT, I am over 40 and i don`t like being theatened by a sulky Diva that he will leave if anyone boos a poor performance. If he thinks he can find another club where there aren`t a few idiots that boo,don`t threaten us like we`re children,GO.He is very welcome to stay but HE is not Brighton and Hove Albion,because it is us the fans who will always be here that are this club and Tony Bloom who has invested in this club and made our dreams come true and is Brighton through and through. I would love to see Gus sign a 10 year contract but i wish he would stop his pathetic threats and get on with the job he is being PAID to do and is doing very well for the club that gave him his managerial break.I think he actually believes he is our God but as much as i love him I wont except his threats.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
damn those excitable foreigners

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Only got to read the full text of his comments this morning, and I have to say I was very surprised. I think Gus has a very big future as a manager, but he really has got to toughen up a bit.

In the context of already having seen us struggle very badly against a Conference South team over 210 minutes in round one, not to then put away a side from (two?) leagues lower than them is going to provoke some reaction, no matter who you are.

You just have to take it on the chin, and threatening to quit and saying people aren't proper supporters who have paid money to sit in the freezing cold to watch is just ridiculous. He's basically saying you're only a proper supporter if you agree with everything he does, and cheer his every action and move. Seems a bizarre thing to say to presumably some people who were watching 40 years before he got there.

You're doing a great job Gus, but reflect on those comments, and ideally don't make them again. Your task today is to get the team winning again, so off you go and get on with it.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Someone (sorry I forget who), put it very well on here at the weekend that they don't want to feel like they are walking on eggshells with Gus. He needs be able to take some criticism on the chin (not booing) with regards playing a weakened team 3 times in the FA Cup and not coming out with much glory in any of them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah get a grip Gus you tall lanky big Prima Donna. Chelsea were booing at half time not long ago because they were losing for the 1st time in eons. Tottenham fans boo quite regularly as well. As Gus wants to manage both or either one of those teams he'd better toughen up and get used to the fact that some fans will boo if they think they are being shortchanged. I'm not condoning it but it happens, makes himslef look a bit of a tit getting all latin about it :lolol:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If he buggers off because a few people are booing him, I'll bloody-well boo him too!

*Who said irony was dead?*

How can he invite the fans to stay at home?? He really doesn`t seem to realise this is our club and always will be,long after he`s gone.so please Gus learn your lesson and get on with the great job you are doing.Or,if you really don`t like it here.....f*** OFF!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
only got to read the full text of his comments this morning, and i have to say i was very surprised. I think gus has a very big future as a manager, but he really has got to toughen up a bit.

In the context of already having seen us struggle very badly against a conference south team over 210 minutes in round one, not to then put away a side from (two?) leagues lower than them is going to provoke some reaction, no matter who you are.

You just have to take it on the chin, and threatening to quit and saying people aren't proper supporters who have paid money to sit in the freezing cold to watch is just ridiculous. He's basically saying you're only a proper supporter if you agree with everything he does, and cheer his every action and move. Seems a bizarre thing to say to presumably some people who were watching 40 years before he got there.

You're doing a great job gus, but reflect on those comments, and ideally don't make them again. Your task today is to get the team winning again, so off you go and get on with it.

this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here