Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to the Madjeski

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Haven't you already done a Gus to Reading thread?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
lol Gus of to Reading? His career will be over. He is stupid and looks it but he isn't insane yet.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think they have also met Arsenal on a good night (or a bad one for them)

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

D

Deleted member 18477

Even if Reading get a new manager they're down so what's the point? Much better of for Reading to become the new West Brom. If they go down the majority of their players are clearly not good enough for the prem so as long as Reading keep hold of them from going to another championship club then they'll have a ready made team to come back up... Then with even more millions in the bank they can gradually buy players to improve like west brom did.

Easier said than done I know but sacking McDermott? Total waste of money.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
To come back from the Bradford shambles and Arsenal playing with so much confidence, Arsene Wenger can make those people eat humble pie. Reading have played better against the bigger sides (3-4 v Man Utd, 2-1 v Everton, 2-4 v Chelsea).

The Reading fans are still with Brian McDermott.

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I very much doubt he would be on their radar tbh. What credentials has he got, that would tempt them to even consider him, saving them. Hardly got a great track record in pressure games. Gus's stock was at it's peek back in March, when we looked nailed on for a top six finish. The last dozen games of last season and the apparent lack of progress(so far) this season, has left Gus very firmly in the "approach with caution" envelope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here