Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus scared of making subs?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm sure I'll get shot down in flames, but to me Gus seems a bit too slow with subs sometimes. For example, Dicker and Sparrow weren't playing well, why not try Harley. And Barnes wasn't playing well, why not give Hoskins ago. Obviously not too early, but surely couldn't of done any harm in the last 10-15 mins

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't understand what Hoskins needs to do to get a game unless Barnes is a love-child of his

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Barnes was absolute horse shit tonight. He did nothing of consequence; and certainly nothing to warrant a place in the team.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
f***ing hell brilliant gus can just f*** off we have a good six or seven better than him with one of you in charge we would be in the champions league with two seasons

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Should have got Noone on earlier. Was crying out for Hoskins too

Yes to both, but WHY the HELL doesn't Noone start, or at least not be reduced to a 20 minute cameo appearance? It's surely the 9th wonder of the frickin' western world!!!!!!!!!! What the fug is going on in Gus's head?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
f***ing hell brilliant gus can just f*** off we have a good six or seven better than him with one of you in charge we would be in the champions league with two seasons

or a simple fact that he wanted parity to remain and things to be kept tight for a change,a slight exercise in caution,after recent collapses-oh f*ck it,your answer was better.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
In all honesty it was the sort of game that was so tight that trying to make too many substitutions or trying to make them too early could just as easily cost you the game as won it, Even the Hull City manager did'nt make any substitutions until injury time when it looked like he'd settled for a point.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
it was stop the rot time today lads, job done, it was not the game to go chasing, we had the best chance of the game and did not take it.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
it was stop the rot time today lads, job done, it was not the game to go chasing, we had the best chance of the game and did not take it.

Can't really blame CMS for that - Basso's save was world class. I think Gus wanted to pack midfield after the overrunning it's had recently. Unfortunately Barnes is not a left winger and looked lost. Clearly his confidence is low at present, but he looked sharper once Noone came on and he went back to his normal position. Surprised in that case he didn't drop Barnes, put Vincelot alongside Bridcutt and play Sparrow behind CMS (being the position where he has played his best games).

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Thought we played well yesterday and we got some of that zing back. Yes the bar saved us, but I think most people where happy with that result.

The teams in this league are quality and as we have seen you give that ball away your going to get punished.

I would like to see Hoskins get a proper start because we have definitely not seen the best of him.

And if we get Buckley back and he does not get injured, bring in 1 or 2 two players on loan with Championship experience I think we will be OK.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Thanks for the eloquent, well written response.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Can't really blame CMS for that - Basso's save was world class. I think Gus wanted to pack midfield after the overrunning it's had recently. Unfortunately Barnes is not a left winger and looked lost. Clearly his confidence is low at present, but he looked sharper once Noone came on and he went back to his normal position. Surprised in that case he didn't drop Barnes, put Vincelot alongside Bridcutt and play Sparrow behind CMS (being the position where he has played his best games).
Agreed with this. We seemed to have virtually no wingers tonight due to packing the midfield. And although this made us a bit stronger defensively, I think in future games (when Buckley and Noone are stating) we'll have more joy going forward

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here