Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning the players need to get Tuesday out their systems straight

D

Deleted User X18H

Away even suggesting those that couldn't might struggle. Gordon
Greer said he very much looking forward to getting back into training today and the players are looking forward to Saturday. Gordon also said how much he liked playing at the back with Tanno an how we missed him when he went off. Gus seemed ok and just wants to move onwards and upwards.

Away even suggesting those that couldn't might struggle. Gordon
Greer said he very much looking forward to getting back into training today and the players are looking forward to Saturday. Gordon also said how much he liked playing at the back with Tanno an how we missed him when he went off. Gus seemed ok and just wants to move onwards and upwards.

Good to hear, Tuesday should be surgically removed from the memories of the players, because if they feel as down as I do we are in for a bad day at Ipswich.

Was there any mention of Calderon?

D

Deleted User X18H

Gus said Barcelona are the best team in world an all others are playing catch up. Someone asked if he was trying to turn the Albion
into Barcelona maybe watch Seagulls world for his response.

D

Deleted User X18H

No! Not yet or should that not any more.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
ramblings.jpg

D

Deleted User X18H

Re Calde he said he decided he needed to change something in the defence .I think he said it was for different things not just one thing .

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Re Calde he said he decided he needed to change something in the defence .I think he said it was for different things not just one thing .

He may have said that but it's hogwash. Calde was out training by himself for half an hour at 6.15, why would he do that if he was not even in the squad?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
You don't change your virtually ever present right back in a big game like Tuesday, with an aging (but still very good) player who you know you will have to substitute in the scond half. Maybe Calde was getting too big for his boots and Gus held him somewhat accountable for the Leeds goals conceded?

D

Deleted User X18H

Well the vibe I got from Gus today was no problems .

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It was certainly a strange decision to leave Calde out IMO.

According to the official site, he was not left out fot fitness reasons.

Hoe long till El Abd is fit?

D

Deleted User X18H

El Abd back in training in October somewhen.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Perhaps Calde is upset by Vicente's wages considering all the hard work he did to get us here?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's incredible how underplayed the Calderon thing has been/ He is without doubt a huge player for us, and personally I haven't noticed any drop in his form. Given he was out training on his own, there is surely only one answer that it was a disciplinary issue which they have largely managed to keep under wraps. Hope it's a just a case of a rap on the knuckles though and he'll be back on Saturday. He has exactly the kind of energy and enthusiasm that we lacked so badly on Tuesday night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here