Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus: "I know what I've got to change for next season."

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
New Goalkeeper

New Right and Left back. Would be happy with the signing of Mattock at LB.

Two absolute 6ft 4" monster midfielders who can dominate the game, have a great passing range who move the ball with pace and zip, who love a tackle and can get up the down the pitch with ease. (not much to ask for)

Another striker to go with CMS and Barnes. Preferably a mobile target man.

A change of tactics when things are not working. Not even a plan B but C also.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Goalkeeper; full-backs; maybe even a centre-back; two experienced, powerful midfielders; at LEAST one striker.

If he wants to be top six, chance of top two anyway (which he insists he does).

Agree. Yesterday, aside from Vicente and Assulin, was a league 1 team against near enough a Premiership side.
If Albion are really serious about an assault on the Preimership there are going to have to be at least 6 new faces.

A goalkeeper
2 Full-backs
1 defensive "rock" midfielder type, preferably a wise old head, Shaun Derry would be ideal & would provide some much needed leadership on the pitch ( where was that yesterday?)
1 attacking box-to-box midfielder. We need someone who can pick the ball up in midfield and break at speed, capable of running with the ball at opponents and who can pass.
2 new strikers, one of those a Kevin Phillips/Kevin Davies type, the other with some pace. We need to have 4 proper strikers. Vokes is not the answer.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
New Goalkeeper

New Right and Left back. Would be happy with the signing of Mattock at LB.

Two absolute 6ft 4" monster midfielders who can dominate the game, have a great passing range who move the ball with pace and zip, who love a tackle and can get up the down the pitch with ease. (not much to ask for)

Another striker to go with CMS and Barnes. Preferably a mobile target man.

A change of tactics when things are not working. Not even a plan B but C also.

Christ, you don't want much do you! I bet you used to spend hours telling Santa what you wanted for Christmas! :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
New Goalkeeper(s) a given
Full-backs of higher quality and pace - Mattock signing / Reyes probably not
A player who can lead the line with proven goalscoring credentials at top level

Don`t you think that scoring a few goals might help
Edit sorry replied to wrong post have to agree with you

Last edited:

James90

Apr 14, 2012
He did score 35 goals last season in league 1. When he gets the ball i don't expect much to happen! Give him another season but we need someone far more clinical. Plays like forster -caskey got one little injury and hasn't had a sniff in the team since!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have no idea what Greer was doing when Vaz Te scored his second - he never left the ground and had his back turned.

He has done that on numerous occasions this season. Great bringing the ball out but not the worlds greatest defender when in with the bigger boys. I suspect Gus knows this though and has kept faith because he is the one who starts us up playing proper football. If he was all things he wouldn't,t have spent so many seasons in the lower divs.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
He did score 35 goals last season in league 1. When he gets the ball i don't expect much to happen! Give him another season but we need someone far more clinical. Plays like forster -caskey got one little injury and hasn't had a sniff in the team since!

Gus wants shagging for not making more use of Jake

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
He has done that on numerous occasions this season. Great bringing the ball out but not the worlds greatest defender when in with the bigger boys. I suspect Gus knows this though and has kept faith because he is the one who starts us up playing proper football. If he was all things he wouldn't,t have spent so many seasons in the lower divs.

So defending properly has nothing to do with "proper football". And, when will we start to play proper football instead of negative Latin shite?

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
New goalkeeper , and a solid centre back who is tall and commands the game through talking and playing of course. Midfield needs strengthening , they are ok playing the ball around but its that final ball to a player in the box , and on this conclusion i would reccommend Ince from Blackpool , he was great up there and looked dangerous at goal and at providing , read some other Blackpool reports as well seems he is playing great.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Daft question. Do you seriously think tb will fund new stadium, stadium extension, state of the art training facilities - and then not ensure funds are available for players .....

Possibly dependant on what the actual requests are, let's be honest here we spent £2.75m on a player that has not really set the world alight down here so I would be cautious of where my money was going if I was providing it.

James90

Apr 14, 2012
New goalkeeper , and a solid centre back who is tall and commands the game through talking and playing of course. Midfield needs strengthening , they are ok playing the ball around but its that final ball to a player in the box , and on this conclusion i would reccommend Ince from Blackpool , he was great up there and looked dangerous at goal and at providing , read some other Blackpool reports as well seems he is playing great.

Agreed! but maybe think about David Gonzalez! Grant Hall and Dunky! We have good players but aren't utilised! Also Jake F-C

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Christ, you don't want much do you! I bet you used to spend hours telling Santa what you wanted for Christmas! :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Haha. Not one to slag off players. I understand Gus wanted to give the guys that came up as champions a go this season. They've had a go and done a lot better than I thought they would. But if we want to challenge the top 6 all season next year this is what is needed.

Just noticed in yesterdays game and at Ipswich away how much having a few lumps on the field can make a huge difference at this level. We have to be able to mix it with the bully boys in this league. Our nice passing football, which is great, can only take us so far.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Disagree with that ... I accept that CMS/Vokes/BBD/Barnes haven't delivered but I think it's more to do with supply and opportunity - getting control of the middle third and injecting pace into our play would have put us comfortably in top 6 I think

Yes completely agree.

I've said numerous times on here when people say about missing Murray. We don't - it's Bennett that we've missed the most this season.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Agreed! but maybe think about David Gonzalez! Grant Hall and Dunky! We have good players but aren't utilised! Also Jake F-C

will be good to see these given more chances, but experience at top level is what we are really lacking.

edit: experience AND quality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here