Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus: "I know what I've got to change for next season."

Lush

Mods' Pet
"I know what I've got to change for next season." said Gus yesterday.

What do you think he will have decided that he needs to change, in order to beat strong teams like next season's equivalents of West Ham and Reading (assuming they go up)?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
New Goalkeeper(s) a given
Full-backs of higher quality and pace - Mattock signing / Reyes probably not
A player who can lead the line with proven goalscoring credentials at top level

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Goalkeeper; full-backs; maybe even a centre-back; two experienced, powerful midfielders; at LEAST one striker.

If he wants to be top six, chance of top two anyway (which he insists he does).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He may know what he has to change but does he have the financial backing to get the right players in ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think the biggest thing we need is a goal scorer. I genuinely think if we'd had a Lambert or a Vaz Te we'd be comfortably in the top 6 and looking forward to the play offs.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Goalkeeper; full-backs; maybe even a centre-back; two experienced, powerful midfielders; at LEAST one striker.

If he wants to be top six, chance of top two anyway (which he insists he does).

how about his own team tactics and team selections which have cost us points, lets blame the players when they have been sent out to play his way and not gus he never takes the blame

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He needs to buy a goal scorer and then get the rest of the team to pass to him.
Preferably not when he is all alone in a 30 yard radius with 2, 6 foot 4 centre backs, eating him for breakfast.

Alternatively he could just get the team to play with our current goal scorers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wouldn't trust Poyet to spend large with any confidence. He will sign someone for £3m then stick them on the bench.

I have to say if I provided the £3m I would not be very impressed with that player sitting on the bench

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We also need 3 more wingers, then not play any of them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plus he might need to look at whether wholesale team & formation changes in the crucial last month of the season, helps.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just to clarify here: you've got inside info that Rodgers is gonna get the England/Spurs job?

This is going to be an incredible scoop, even by NSC's meticulous standards.

Redknapp is going to England, that's as sure as eggs are eggs. Rodgers is fav for the Spurs job and Brighton and Swansea are mentioned so many times in the same sentence, in terms of there playing style it seems a natural replacement. Gus wants to get to the top jobs asap and I think he will look at Rodgers and think he can follow the same path....Which he won't because we don't really play like Swansea at all and Rodgers is a better manager than Poyet, but there you go.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think the biggest thing we need is a goal scorer. I genuinely think if we'd had a Lambert or a Vaz Te we'd be comfortably in the top 6 and looking forward to the play offs.

Disagree with that ... I accept that CMS/Vokes/BBD/Barnes haven't delivered but I think it's more to do with supply and opportunity - getting control of the middle third and injecting pace into our play would have put us comfortably in top 6 I think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here