Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus chased by Wolves

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
James Fielden (ITN freelance sports reporter) suggesting on twitter that Wolves were turned down by Alan Curbishley and enquired about Gus but were promptly told to take a hike

AC turned WWFC down over contract length as reported. Bruce willing to take job, WWFC hesitant due to reaction of fans Wolves now putting feelers out to potential candidates. Targeted Gus Poyet, but Brighton rebuffed approach straight away

Can't rule out it being a piece of entirely creative journalism but he is normally not a million miles off. Don't think it is a job that would challenge Gus' loyalty to us just now tbh.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bit wierd to be interviewing Curbishley, Bruce, and someone else like that so unbelievably non descript I can't even remember who, and THEN turning to someone like Gus.

Seems like you would do it the other way round.

:shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
AC turned WWFC down over contract length as reported. Bruce willing to take job, WWFC hesitant due to reaction of fans Wolves now putting feelers out to potential candidates. Targeted Gus Poyet, but Brighton rebuffed approach straight away[/I]

I wouldnt have thought that he was in a position to be choosy as he is not going to be top of many chairmens list for a job. He has been out of football too long.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wouldnt have thought that he was in a position to be choosy as he is not going to be top of many chairmens list for a job. He has been out of football too long.

Agreed, he must have not managed for a good 3 years now

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Curbs likes the idea of being chased more than the prospect of being caught - bit like the latterday Stevie Coppell

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought this was a thread about Gus being spotted in the Canadian Rockies :facepalm:

D

Deleted member 18477

top 6 in prem yes.
top 3 in italy yes.
top 2 in spain yes.
uruguay national team yes.

wolves? hahaha!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If Gus wanted to go, Tony wouldn't stand in his way. However, there is still 3.5 years left on Gus' contract, and regardless of compensation, why the f*** would Gus go there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here