Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus....."A striker and somebody special"

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just read that. It looks like things are moving.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
another striker plus a big money player... blimey they are REALLY going for it this season aren't they. I'm glad Lord Tony is so ambitious... most of us are just loving the new ground and championship footy, he must be sat there going 'yeah it's not bad... but you should see what i've got planned!'

crazy days!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
"We need a striker and that is our main target but if someone else comes up who is special then that is a unique opportunity and you can’t say no. "

Is that a "I would sign someone special if they came along" or "I am about to sign someone special"

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
"We need a striker and that is our main target but if someone else comes up who is special then that is a unique opportunity and you can’t say no. "

Is that a "I would sign someone special if they came along" or "I am about to sign someone special"

I wonder if it is just his beautiful use of the English language. It sounds like he is saying "a striker is a done deal, that's all we are looking at, but agents are ringing me all the time. So IF someone is offered who is exceptional we might sign them as well. But, they'd have to be very special."

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

Every transfer window he has said EXACTLY the same line - "but if someone else comes up who is special then that is a unique opportunity and you can’t say no" - that doesn't mean he is about to sign anyone special at all, it means if a player who is incredibly good falls into his lap who is a player he would like, in a position he needs and at a price he deems to be happy with then he will sign him...

THERE IS NO SPECIAL PLAYER GUS IS TRYING TO SIGN... stop getting your hopes up everyone...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I feel our squad is fine as it is and if we dont sign anyone then I am happy to go to january with what we have. (as long as the 2 Will's make swift returns which I expect for Brizzie City)

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Whoever it is and whether Gus gets his man or not, he wants a top 6 finish. He may not openly come out and say it, and quite understandably so, but you don't go unbeaten in August and end the month top of the league and STILL want a target man striker and a 'special' player if you don't want promotion.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
From the article Gus seems quite confident of getting at least one player in, what I want to know is whats happened to all the so called reliable sources on here because nobody appears to have a clue who Gus is after.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Exactly, I didn't read it as us expecting to sign two. We have two positions to fill, and currently have someone lined up for one of them (striker).

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i would be extremely happy and confident for the season if we don't sign anybody else. the squad is superb as it is.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I wonder if it is just his beautiful use of the English language. It sounds like he is saying "a striker is a done deal, that's all we are looking at, but agents are ringing me all the time. So IF someone is offered who is exceptional we might sign them as well. But, they'd have to be very special."

You could well be right there Den, although it could be that Gus has been taking transfer advice from this man:-

The_Riddler_3.png

Riddle, me this, riddle me that, who's not excited by Gustavo's chat?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I think by 'Somebody special' Gus means if someone who would greatly improve the squad became available then he'd be in for them but he's not actively looking.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here