Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully's Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
From what I've picked up via Brett, twitter, etc over time, it seems, that over the course of a week, a Gully's Girl, will attend a gym training session, a practice session, a kids' cheerleading session, then spend all day from 9.00am on a match-day working on their routine, and someone wants to claim a complimentary ticket for the game should be considered 'payment'?

If those peole want to contact me, I'll find them some work at around £2 an hour.

This.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
From what I've picked up via Brett, twitter, etc over time, it seems, that over the course of a week, a Gully's Girl, will attend a gym training session, a practice session, a kids' cheerleading session, then spend all day from 9.00am on a match-day working on their routine, and someone wants to claim a complimentary ticket for the game should be considered 'payment'?

If those peole want to contact me, I'll find them some work at around £2 an hour.

So they're getting rewarded for charity work? That seems worse. Anyway just arguing for the sake of it against some of the overboard white knighting going on.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What do people want? Shall we go back to singing "Your gonna get your fuckin heads kicked in" "You'll never make the station" "Your going home in a county ambulance" that'll be good, attendances will start to dwindle again just as they did in the late 70's, 80's, football will become a battleground again all for the sake of "atmosphere".

With the greatest respect, I'm not sure that it is Gully's Girls alone who are responsible for the decline in football hooliganism over the last 20 years.

Nov 10, 2011

very much THIS!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So they're getting rewarded for charity work? That seems worse. Anyway just arguing for the sake of it against some of the overboard white knighting going on.

I know there is some kind of post modern irony by painting yourself as obstinate, argumentative, taking arguments to illogical conclusions, going against perceived opinion etc but quite frankly you're not very good at it. Perhaps stick to ranting at the players.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
With the greatest respect, I never insinuated it was.

OK, but not having cheerleaders would not mean going back to beating the shit out of each other in the stands, or in fact going back in any way to 1970's football. It would just mean we wouldn't have cheerleaders anymore.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Ok so now that everyone is educated as to what GG's contribute to the club and the community maybe there will be less mindless, ignorant threads started about them?

I would say make this thread a 'sticky'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here