Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness & Blackcurrant.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Went to watch Leek Town the other day,well did not finish work till 2pm so Ice Station Zebra was out. Anyway got in at 2-40 so went into the clubhouse and just fancied a guinness and black (had it before,but not for a long while) paid £2.60 :thumbsup: Now i don't really like U/K Guinness however when in Ireland,well it is simply a different drink to here. So how do you like your Guinness ? :wave:

Attachments

• GreatGuinness.jpg
    GreatGuinness.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 349

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Went to watch Leek Town the other day,well did not finish work till 2pm so Ice Station Zebra was out. Anyway got in at 2-40 so went into the clubhouse and just fancied a guinness and black (had it before,but not for a long while) paid £2.60 :thumbsup: Now i don't really like U/K Guinness however when in Ireland,well it is simply a different drink to here. So how do you like your Guinness ? :wave:

You won't get Guinness and black in Ireland..to be sure..!

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I seem to recall Mark Lawrenson getting into trouble with Alan Mullery when he returned for pre-season with some added weight.

Turned out he had been a bit too partial to a Guinness and blackcurrant or 2 over the summer!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i like guinness ordinary, cold is only for those places which keeping might be a bit suspect. blackcurrent is wrong.
UK guinness is the same, its only brewed in Ireland now. and nobody much noticed the difference.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
drank far too much of the stuff throughout the cheltenham festival

incidentally, has anyone ever tried half cider, half guinness. had some american bloke buy one for me in a bar in vancouver, and despite thinking it would be horrible it was actually BRILLIANT

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone drink Murphys? The slightly poorer man's stout. I used to buy it in cans and didn't mind it although with Guinness Draught so cheap in cans these days there's no need anymore.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've tried Guinness in Ireland and we sell it in our pub.....it tastes exactly the same in both places. This 'you've got to try the Guinness in Ireland, its so much better' thing is just a myth put out by Guinness/Irish tourest board.

I like Beamish anyway.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Years ago we had a spate of ordering Guiness topped with lemonade just to wind up the barstaff till they got fed up with the mess it made of the bar!

Not sure you can afford games like that anymore though

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's always tasted exactly the same in Ireland and since they closed the brewery in London it is exactly the same.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
There IS a difference between Oirish and UK Guinness.

The Guiness in Dublin is amazing, its second to none. I do however also enjoy a pint of the Extra Cold here in the UK.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Guinness and champagne is awesome on a special occasion. Putting blackcurrent in it is just wrong.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've tried Guinness in Ireland and we sell it in our pub.....it tastes exactly the same in both places. This 'you've got to try the Guinness in Ireland, its so much better' thing is just a myth put out by Guinness/Irish tourest board.

I like Beamish anyway.

It is often better in Ireland cos the kegs dont last as long as here and guiness go round checking pubs are looking after their pipes or I dont think they are allowed to serve it anymore if its crap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here