Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess the price for the Bobster

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So many different figures being bandied about. The lowest I've seen is in today's Express - 1.5 Million

I'm hoping 2 Million plus a hefty sell on clause

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
f*** knows!!!!

According to his agent in the Argus - it's £1.5m. According to a text update I got, Knight is saying £2.25m

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
£1.5m rising to £2m dependant on appearances is what I heard. We'd be stupid not to ask for a sell on clause but knowing our luck DK probably forgot to ask.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I reckon its for 2.25 M of which 700 grand will go to BR leaving us with 1.5m and hopefully an extra instalment after appearances and a sell on clause but .5 million otherwise we have been well and truly f***ed up the arse on this

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Southern FM and the Argus have mentioned a straight £1.5M, and no mention of add ons or sell on clauses.

If we've not got any we're f***ing stupid.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Someone on the official message board has posted this :-

'Just been in contact with spurs chat and they reckon the fee is &2.75 million with a &500.000 bonus for Euro qualification and bonus for england games.they will also pay rovers third on top.'

He also said he couldn't confirm this but the same person said on Tuesday that BZ would be with Spurs by Saturday.

IF that is true then I am happy with that especially the bit about Spurs paying Bristol Rovers their third

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No sell on clause and I will have lost faith in DK. All older Albion fans, of which he is one, remember how we shot ourselves in the foot over the Dean Saunders 60K transfer with no sell on. He then soon moved on for over a million.

Can't happen again can it:nono:

Dandyman

In London village.
Desert Orchid said:
Bobby's agent has apparently told Sky Sports that we could have had £3 million from Everton, but it'll be less from Spurs. Sky are talking about £1.5 million.

However, the agent also told Sky that Bobby was a boyhood Spurs fan. Funny that - Bobby's always said he's been a lifelong Hammers fan.

I'm fairly certain he's a Hammer. The rumour up here is £2 m gross, which means about £1.4 m for the Albion.

The additional problem is that I doubt the money is all up front, but dependent on appearances, goals, etc. This means, of course, the actual money for a replacement may be less than it first appears...

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Yorkie said:
Someone on the official message board has posted this :-

'Just been in contact with spurs chat and they reckon the fee is &2.75 million with a &500.000 bonus for Euro qualification and bonus for england games.they will also pay rovers third on top.'

He also said he couldn't confirm this but the same person said on Tuesday that BZ would be with Spurs by Saturday.

IF that is true then I am happy with that especially the bit about Spurs paying Bristol Rovers their third

So would i be Yorkie! I do hope you are right, as i am sure Dick Tight would release some of that to Steve Coppell.???

It looks like the only way this club will move forward in the short-term is to bring on promising youngsters, and sell them after a few years at a big profit. Steve Coppell is THE man to do that, be he needs some money to do it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here