Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Groundhog Day - BHA style

For those more (ahem) mature fans out there.

This season is rapdly turning into the replica of the 1986-87 season

An ex Brighton player who is the fans favourite manager (Cattlin) is ousted in mysterious circumstances having nearly (but not quite) achived promotion with an unlikely combination of youngsters and old second hand used players............

and replaced with a two time promotion winning all time legend manager (Alan Mullery) returning for the second spell they always say peaople should never go back for.

who promptly takes a side that just missed out on promotion to the other end of the table playing the worst football some had seen in ten years........

and then, when relegation is a nailed on certainty, the manager with legendary status is sacked, and replaced with the chief scout, whose job is to get all the over earning players out and replace them with a team that is more "cost effective".

The name of the chief scout in 86-87 ?

Barry Lloyd!!!!

and who is the Chief scout in 2008-09 ?

Work it out dear readers..........

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003

An ex Brighton player who is the fans favourite manager (Cattlin) is ousted in mysterious circumstances having nearly (but not quite) achived promotion with an unlikely combination of youngsters and old second hand used players............

and replaced with a two time promotion winning all time legend manager (Alan Mullery) returning for the second spell they always say peaople should never go back for.

who promptly takes a side that just missed out on promotion to the other end of the table playing the worst football some had seen in ten years........

and then, when relegation is a nailed on certainty, the manager with legendary status is sacked, and replaced with the chief scout, whose job is to get all the over earning players out and replace them with a team that is more "cost effective".

Barry Lloyd!!!!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
After 4 years on NSC I am personally starting to see the same old, same old regurgitating itself.

Have we come to a crossroads in original topic threads?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
After 4 years on NSC I am personally starting to see the same old, same old regurgitating itself.

Have we come to a crossroads in original topic threads?

Didn't someone once say that if you had an infinite number of monkeys and sat them down at typewriters that they would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare...if that is the case, I think we have some way to go before we exhaust every possibility!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

Barry Lloyd!!!!

I like this post, very interesting

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Can I just point out (again, sorry) that if Barry Lloyd were to be appointed manager it would officially be the funniest thing ever.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If Lloyd was ever put near the playing side of the club again, I would refuse to go to a match while he was there.

It was him and his cronies that started the rot at this club and I'm still staggered that he's been given a job by the board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here