Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great thread from a Leeds fan - Comparing clubs

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hes got this nailed. Does get a tad embarrassing when this kicks off.

Whatever happened to the songs from the goldstone days - hundreds to choose from. The younger fans among us may need guidance in that dept.

Im amazed this was written by aleeds fan. Great post IMO

Whys it embarrassing when it kicks off? if we didn't sing that then we wouldn't have one song they would think was worth mentioning.

Its surely more embarrassing that there aren't enough songs that everyone joins in with.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Praise indeed. Who would have thought it from a Leeds fan?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Loads of mistakes in there, 'half the squad awaiting trial', '18k season tickets', 'lights on the A27', 'still have serious planning problems'

Also the atmosphere one - I reckon he came to Barnsley game?! As the atmo def varies and can be amazing! Song range is pretty crap but in a big stadium, this often happens...

Nice complimentary piece tho...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Very decent blog , I was going to tweet the link to the article when I read it earlier but there wasn't one.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Interesting about the lack of creative singing. I cannot help feel that Brighton fans (especially on here) PISS on every single possible suggested chant before giving it a go which is a real shame. Most chants are shite if you think about the lyrics and words but if it is catchy then so what? Noise is better than no noise.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
He needs to update our number of ST holders - aren't we up to 22k now? - and more STs being offered for sale as the capacity increases? Are the mighty Leeds up with that?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
We need an audience with krispies to resurrect some of the older songs we used to sing. Used to create a great atmosphere in the North, combined with a decent surge!

Were the north/west/east/south stand brighton boys would have got laughed at years ago. lol

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We need an audience with krispies to resurrect some of the older songs we used to sing. Used to create a great atmosphere in the North, combined with a decent surge!

Were the north/west/east/south stand brighton boys would have got laughed at years ago. lol

Haven't seen Krispies yet this season - last season he was two rows in front of us. As to poor song variety, I'd estimate we sing 12-15 different songs in our part of the north each game: problem is getting enough joining in at the same time to get them more widely audible!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Haven't seen Krispies yet this season - last season he was two rows in front of us. As to poor song variety, I'd estimate we sing 12-15 different songs in our part of the north each game: problem is getting enough joining in at the same time to get them more widely audible!

I don't think the songs even need to be THAT good but at the mo they are too quick and thus short lived. Even something simple like 'Blue Army' on repeat slowly from all four stands ONGOING would sound great.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
A great read and as someone else has already said a blog worth keeping an eye on throughout the season.

Also some great links for general football fans on that page. The one to the Leeds fanzine "The beaten generation" caught my eye in particular. They have a witty look at how Norwich have been stealing their central midfielders:

http://www.thebeatengeneration.co.uk/tbg/index.php/2012/08/delia-smiths-lets-be-having-you/

Perhaps someone from TSLR can get a similar one going should they come in and snaffle CMS?!

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I know he's got some of his facts wrong, but I couldn't write a piece like that about Leeds- or any other club apart from Brighton*- without getting loads more wrong than he has. Good work.

*Come to think of it, I'd probably balls that up too!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I know he's got some of his facts wrong, but I couldn't write a piece like that about Leeds- or any other club apart from Brighton*- without getting loads more wrong than he has. Good work.

*Come to think of it, I'd probably balls that up too!

So right...unless your a complete nutter for a club you'd never be able to write about another club with 100% facts...

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
So right...unless your a complete nutter for a club you'd never be able to write about another club with 100% facts...

That's not really what I said, but I think my post was simple enough that it shouldn't need further explanation so I'm not gonna bother.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Hes got this nailed. Does get a tad embarrassing when this kicks off.

Whatever happened to the songs from the goldstone days - hundreds to choose from. The younger fans among us may need guidance in that dept.

Im amazed this was written by aleeds fan. Great post IMO

There's nothing wrong with that chant itself other than it is the only one the whole stadium joins in on.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I don't think the songs even need to be THAT good but at the mo they are too quick and thus short lived. Even something simple like 'Blue Army' on repeat slowly from all four stands ONGOING would sound great.

Dead right, its been said loads of times on here but the North Stand leads the way with songs but by the time the it gets to the WSU its all a hundred miles an hour. Slow it all down to improve the atmosphere........'Brighton aces' can really get going but needs to be slowed down.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

How could you not understand that post? Fairly simple.

The stereotyping and moaning about him 'not getting his facts right' amazes me really. Any of you try and write a unique, well thought out blog OR don't be so quick to criticize.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here