Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grayson's celebration of equaliser

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Haven't seen mention on here, of Grayson's reaction to equaliser.
Camillin & Poyet both not impressed, anyone see what he did ?

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
i honestly didnt see it till the football league show when there assistant manager shock poyet hand and tried to start a ruck

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
But in front of the Albion bench? Hardly sporting behaviour and in fact very pathetic in a hostile environment.

Think it was building up to do with our players time wasting (Lua Lua) and them losing etc...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that it was something that was said by Snodin, the ast manager, as Gus shook Graysons hand no problem and the ruck only started after he shook Snodins hand.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought that it was something that was said by Snodin, the ast manager, as Gus shook Graysons hand no problem and the ruck only started after he shook Snodins hand.

Listening on the commentary it was mentioned that when Leeds scored Grayson ran in front of the albion bench to celebrate.

I suspect that Snodins comments and reluctance to let go of Gus's hand, related to this somehow. But gus's post-match comment was referring to their goal celebration in front of him.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Pasions run high, if we'd have got the goal we would have loved to see Poyet doing that infront of them lets be honest, although we wouldn't as he has more class than Grayson.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Passions run high, if we'd have got the goal we would have loved to see Poyet doing that infront of them lets be honest, although he wouldn't as he has more class than Grayson.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
DT

Think he celebrated as Murray had done when he scored in front of the Leeds fans!!

yes but you can expect it from a footballer, love it if it's yours... Glenn

or hate it if it's theirs... Holt for example

but management should have more class - which poyet seems to ooze tbh

well done glenn, well done gus

we're going to start picking up some wins VERY soon imo

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seems more than few Leeds fans weren't that impressed either, mainly because they thought it was an overreaction for a team like us.

Feb 2, 2009
Can't agree with Murrays celeb...winding up the oppos supporters....and Grayson too..as a manager he should be setting a btr example...that atmosphere sounded very hostile.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Passion and hostility are good for the game. Nothing wrong with winding up your opposition.

Take McGleish. I f***ing HATE what he did but it certainly adds something to games when he's on the opposition side.

Lose passion, lose hostility and what is left? 22 people kicking a ball about.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Grayson is a balding trator prick. He left Blackpool to go to a "massive" club and now they are imploding and won't go up. Serves him right.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Seems more than few Leeds fans weren't that impressed either, mainly because they thought it was an overreaction for a team like us.

Exactly! Take it as a huge compliment that once (well for 2 seasons) mighty Leeds are now elated to equalise at Elland Road against the likes of us!!

7 points from last 8 games and defeated by Carlise in paintpot. Honeymoon's well and truly over Mr Grayson!!

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Having seen it at the time - but not again on TV, FL show footage was of the final whistle - Grayson and some other members of the Leeds' coaching staff ran across to the Albion bench, and celebrated right in front of them. In 15 years' reporting on the Albion, I have never, ever seen anything like that. Celebrate with your staff, players, fans - even do a Fergie/Kidd routine, but don't run over to the opponents bench and pump your fists in front of them. No need for it whatsoever.

Grayson, speaking afterwards, said it was because Albion had timewasted, and questioned our defensive tactics. Gus responded very well and said he felt Grayson is under massive pressure and that may have explained the reaction (if not excuse it). He also pointed out that any team who is winning will slow the game down, even Leeds United, and also said he showed Leeds massive respect by playing 4-5-1 for the first time in his managerial career - because of the way they played at Withdean. He questioned what Grayson wanted, for Albion to come and let Leeds play and win the game?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i just put it down to Leeds were gratefull to come away from elland road with a point against a team they wiped the floor with 2 months ago and on paper was a nailed on home banker. Swings and roundabouts Murrays celebration was Quality but a little ott but theres no finer sight than seeing that guy enjoying his football the way he now seems to be enjoying it.

If anything thier celebration showed just how much we have improved as a unit in the short space of time since we played leeds last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here