Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grayson sacked at Leeds?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The timing amazes me. If your going to do it, at least do it during the transfer window.

But that would suggest they are potless

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The timing amazes me. If your going to do it, at least do it during the transfer window.

But that would suggest they are potless

Bates is trying to deflect the criticism of him by sacking the manager. He has done it before. Don't think he is potless, he did very well out of selling Chelsea to Abramovic when the club was bust for £17 million, just a manipulative two faced liar, who even claimed he didn't own the club until a journo investigated it and proved him wrong.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Warnock is a VASTLY superior manager to Grayson. Good move imo.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Just our luck to be facing Leeds with a new manager in charge. It wont be Poyet, but it could well be Warnock. He' ll get 10% extra out of the dozos they have got, plus a few decent loans might just get them into play offs. He wont last there too long there though.

On the other hand Bates may not fancy hiring a bloke who might make things difficult for him...........Grayson was certainly a yes man and I think Bates likes that type of manager. Would make my day if they appointed say John Gregory.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Next Permanent Leeds Manager
Sky Bet

Neil Warnock 8/11
Roberto Di Matteo 5/1
Gordon Strachan 6/1
Steve Bruce 8/1
Neil Redfern 12/1
Dave Jones 14/1
Lee Clark 14/1
Alan Curbishley 14/1
Gus Poyet 16/1
Billy Davies 18/1
Paolo Di Canio 20/1
Karl Robinson 25/1
Gianfranco Zola 28/1
Eddie Newton 28/1
Steve McLaren 28/1
Dougie Freedman 33/1
Phil Brown 33/1
Dom Matteo 33/1
Sean O'Driscoll 33/1
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 40/1
Peter Reid 40/1
Sven Goran Eriksson 40/1
Roy Keane 40/1
David O'Leary 40/1
Lucas Radebe 50/1
Vinnie Jones 50/1
Gary McAllister 50/1
Iain Dowie 50/1
Ruud Gullit 50/1

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Would Warnock want it? He's 63 now and pretty sure that he said QPR would be his last job. Does he deserve the grief that Bates would give him at his age?

If he's up for it, it would be a good appointment and the last person we'd want to see in the dugout on Saturday week

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Think Warnock is settled in London despite being a proud yorkshireman which is why he went to QPR from that lot.

My money would be on Dougie F

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Think Warnock is settled in London despite being a proud yorkshireman which is why he went to QPR from that lot.

My money would be on Dougie F

Unlikely, on what basis would they choose a relatively untried or tested manager in a Club with lots of pressure for success. There's not pressure on Dougie at the moment, aside from keeping them up this year, so no guarantees he would cope with a job like Leeds.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Who, in their right mind, would want to work for Master Bates?!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Roy Keane?

Can you imagine Bates and Keane together, that could be fun!

Seriously though, you would have to be mental to think about appointing Keane. The guy is ready to explode at any point and he well and truly f***ed up Ipswich including giving Jordan Rhodes away for peanuts and they're struggling to recover still. His press conferences are quality though.

Strachan may be a good shout for Leeds bearing in mind his history with the club. Failed at Boro but did ok at Celtic and very well at Southampton. The fans would be behind him I would have thought where as they might not be with Warnock and Di Mateo.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Let the rumours about Gus begin ....... :facepalm:

Bates once lied in the Leeds programme about Gus, saying he wouldn't be interested in their job when Grayson got it because he didn't want to move his family north. Which Gus said wasn't true. So would he want to work for him now? I doubt it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here