Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gotsmanov - arrogant goal for Brighton

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
Recommended youtube viewing in today's programme:

34 seconds into the clip, he puts his hands up in celebration BEFORE beating the Hull defender on the line. Great stuff.

We've got a Russian International
clap clap clap clap clap etc
Blast from the past is Sergi(?)
I took in a few Albion games at that time.
A question though.
I'm sure I remember another Russion that came over with him,at about the same time.....who made less of an impact???
Am I right,and if so,what was his name???

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
sergi baractahila for ipswhich pardon the speline ??

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm sure I remember another Russion that came over with him,at about the same time.....who made less of an impact???

That was Igor Gorinovic.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sergeii is the best midfielder we have ever had before Vicente. Wish Gus could sign Gotsmanov today, tomorrow or at least before the window shuts..

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I was behind the goal when he scored it. Remember it like it was yesterday.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Happy memories of a great player. Shame we couldn't hold on to him.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Calling [MENTION=15296]Sergei's Celebration[/MENTION] to the thread

BTW I miss Saint & Greavsie, almost as much as a long dead family member. Compare their style & humour compared to those f***ing jebends Hansen, Shearer and the insufferable Lawrenson

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Sergeii is the best midfielder we have ever had before Vicente. Wish Gus could sign Gotsmanov today, tomorrow or at least before the window shuts..

I don't know if it's looking back with rose tinted glasses but sergeii was better than Vicente IMHO. Though it could be that all the other players both in our team and the opposition were considerably worse. We did win when sergeii played.

Jeez the championship is soo much stronger these day.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He wasn't as he's not Russian - he's Ukrainian.

True and Sergei was also from the Ukraine but in those days it was "Russia" or rather Soviet Union. Dunno if Baltacha was capped for Soviet Union but Gotsmanov was and scored against Holland in Euro 88 finals.

This is the reason I dislike Southampton. We had a bid all lined up. Then Stains gazumped us (then am established first div side) and promptly stick him in their reserves. Imagine what he would have done in that play off side:)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
True and Sergei was also from the Ukraine but in those days it was "Russia" or rather Soviet Union. Dunno if Baltacha was capped for Soviet Union but Gotsmanov was and scored against Holland in Euro 88 finals.

Russia is not the same as the Soviet Union. That's pretty much like saying England is the same thing as the United Kingdom - trying telling people from Estonia or Lithunia that they're Russian and you'll get into some grief.

And Sergei Gotsmanov is not from Ukraine, he's from Belarus.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

think we had the Romanian stefan Iovan around that time ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here