Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

got what we deserved

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
today they out played us in the second half we had one shot on target in second half our passing was poor and when will we try and stop hoofing it towards knight.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
We are shite end of it and will finish bottom half!
The players are a disgrace to let themselves flop like this and are just taking the piss by showing no passion to win.:angry: :censored:

Stockport were poor, especially in defence. We should have walked goals into their net. But there's no self-confidence about the Albion at the moment. Hence a poor show.

I feel worse about today's defeat than I did at Brentford. At least Brentford deserved the victory. Today we just gave it to them.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Good point about hoofing it to Knight .... why??

And why not play it on the ground? We used to be good at that.

And Rehmann's a waste of space and money. Send him back to Fulham as soon as possible.

And if you look at the facts, most of Knight's goals were scored when he was playing alongside Henderson ... so maybe he wasn't so bad after all.

And what has happened to Kuipers' kicking? Again.

Very very disappointing.

Rubbertoe

Aug 25, 2003
Disgraceful performance from us - the players seem to lack match fitness and interest - get the new manager in NOW!!

Agree about Rehman, how an earth Fulham rate him I don't know...anyone know what Junior Lewis is up to at the moment.

One again, we were seriously found wanting in midfield. What has happened to Rehman? In his first two games he looked premiership quality. Recently he's looked more Sunday league. Hart seems to have lost the plot, Jones never had it! The biggest crime today was when Knight was in acres of space during the first half. All it needed was a smart ball from Jones through the gaping channel in the Stockport defense and knight would have been one on one with the keeper. What does he do? Go for glory himself! :tosser: Piercy doesn't seem to be the answer to the problems in midfield. Time to dip into some of that SC compensation or BZ dosh Mr Knight, to give the new Manager a fighting chance to arrest the rot.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Also-what has happened to our support? I felt at times as though I was the only one trying to get behind the team.

We were out-sung all game by less than three hundred of their knuckle scrapers:( In nfact, I don't think there was any singing at all from the South Stand and 2 attempts by the North Stand.

Poor show all round-we can usually make SOME noise for crying out loud. Perhaps we need a new manager to lift us too?

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
We need Rougier! He is the kind of player that would break through bad defences - like Stockport's!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Whoever the manager is - please can we have a new striker ?

I'm sure I saw one of the cardboard cutouts behind the goal laughing at us in the second half..... The old boy next to me fell asleep in the first half - I think that says it all about our performance today.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i detect a morale problem,the three late bookings of three senior players against
b'muff followed by a 4-0 stuffing by a team from the bottom six and now this,i guess this is what happens to players when they are repeatedly dudded by their managers.......now is the time to get behind the players and try and give them a lift,hopefully the away support can give it a go next week as our home crowd seem to be a rather muted and self concious bunch...:nono:

"when will we try and stop hoofing it towards knight?" When we have players talented enough or a team with the tactical nouse to run at defences and actually get somewhere around them. Hoofing is not a sign of a confident side, and oppositions are guaranteed to piss themselves after a while, and then walk all over us.

Suddenly, football is apparently rocket science - according to my mate who goes to most home games - how come all the managers' talks have been so soon forgotten ? You'd think some semblance of an idea would still be ringing in the team's collective ears ??

All this is doing is making Coppell look like a miraculous genius .
It's baffling .

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That's what always puzzles me. Almost every team who has a manager quit on them goes into a slump. Why? A manager gets fired and the opposite happens in most cases-results improve. Or is that merely in my imagination?

If a company loses a sales manager-sales don't go through the floor. Hospitals lose chief surgeons but operation failure rates don't go crazy (thank god) etcetera, etcetera.

A football team loses its manager and the whole squad gets collective amnesia:shootself Now we all know that despite their excellent incomes, footballers aren't the brightest bulbs on the christmas tree but surely even the dumbest can remember the basics that they cover every day, 4 days a week in training? Especially as the assistant managers inevitably take charge for a while.

Last edited:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
maybe coppell was better than we thought!! but we should not turn into a bad team over night. lets get behind the lads at peterbro. they need some confidence back. the fans can do a lot. so come on get behind them. more of this:clap: and less of that:angry: :salute: hopefully they will stop:smokin: that and we can do:drink: this.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
graz126 said:
maybe coppell was better than we thought!! but we should not turn into a bad team over night. .

Coppell is a very good manager. That's the problem. He just didn't (like many other of our managers) want to stay with us.

I just hope an annoucement is made in the next day or two re: our new manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here