• KEEP

Votes: 160 93.0%
  • BIN

Votes: 12 7.0%

• Total voters

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Of the 3.5 million and counting posts on here,16.392% must have been on this subject,but,in the spirit in which the thread was started I will say again............

KEEP THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why is a there a question of keeping it? its only where in the play list it features is up for debate.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
PS,just about every other club runs out to some jackass piece of pop music that will be soon forgotten.

Our anthem is ours alone;no other league club can use it.It is unique.Let's not sink to the point where we adopt some irrelevant current tune by a passing phase artist to replace our stirring call to arms.

We ARE the men (and women ,of course) of Sussex by the Sea.

Sir Norman would soon have told you.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Southend are going to nick it if we don't want it apparently:

Good old Essex by the Sea
Good old Essex by the Sea

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Of course we must keep it and rejuvinate it a bit. I understant the "can't change anything" arguement and i have a certain sympathy with it but if we want generations to sing it we need to update it a bit.

I doubt if youngsters are going to adopt it and bellow it out with the feeling it deserves if we dont change a few words here and there.

Maybe combine the best bits as someone suggested in one of the other threads.

SBTS was written in Bognor, a Pompy stronghold. If we are to regain ALL of Sussex for the Albion we need a more modern version that doesn't suggest we are all gay farmers labourers.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why is the poll controversial?

Is someone being an attention seeker here?

We should keep it, it is part of the club's heritage and history, and a reminder of our days at The Goldstone.

If you have ever had the misfortune to listen to United come out to 'The United Road', a piece of dreadful shite put together by a focus group which gets everyone from Singapore and Sevenoaks into a happy clappy frenzy at the Theatre of Prawn Sandwiches, and makes the Stretford locals cringe, you should know that it makes far more sense to stick with GOSBTS.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Was anything we sang at Cardiff in 2004 belted out with any more passion than GOSBTS?

They played the music on the PA and we sang - I can't think of anything else that would come close.

There is a place for all types of music pre-match and songs during the match but, at the first league game at Falmer, I would love to see the Band of the Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment (which incorporates the Royal Sussex) marching and playing on the pitch, with Sussex by the Sea as the players come out. I don't care what anyone says, I'd be blubbing like a baby!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why is the poll controversial? It will show an overwhelming majority in favour of keeping it.

Probably the same tbh as if you polled other 'modernisation' options: Ditch the 'deckchair' blue and white stripes in favour of modern colors and designs, and change the name from Brighton and Hove Albion to something a bit snappier. (That last one isn't as stupid as it sounds as Bournemouth went from having the folksy name of 'Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic' to the far snazzier 'AFC Bournemouth')

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I doubt if youngsters are going to adopt it and bellow it out with the feeling it deserves if we dont change a few words here and there.
I don't go to that many away games, but at those I do go to there is ALWAYS a group of supporters FAR younger than me prepared to belt GOSBTS out with a passion that only a teenager or twentysomething is physically capable of.

What are you basing this statement on?

You don't muck around with an ANTHEM just to make it trendy. We don't NEED to change it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It does not need changing ONE JOT. Just singing properly.

I LOVE sbts. Bloody LOVE it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Whoever voted BIN must be either:

a) VERY young

b) Clueless

c) uneducated in the history of Sussex / The Albion

d) A new fan

e) a f***ing idiot

or a combination of all the above...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Neither.

No harm in keeping SBTS and also using some 'atmospheric' music to build up too. I don't want to vote 'keep' because I don't think anyone is actually advocating getting rid of it.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Why is the poll controversial? It will show an overwhelming majority in favour of keeping it.

Probably the same tbh as if you polled other 'modernisation' options: Ditch the 'deckchair' blue and white stripes in favour of modern colors and designs, and change the name from Brighton and Hove Albion to something a bit snappier. (That last one isn't as stupid as it sounds as Bournemouth went from having the folksy name of 'Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic' to the far snazzier 'AFC Bournemouth')

Weren't they forced to go "snazzier" because they went bankrupt and reformed under the new name?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here