Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Smith's daughter sings and lives Brighton

D

Deleted User X18H

She looks just like him.

I'll give her a MISS thanks.

When her father lived in Brighton they sang his name but now Libby Smith will be the one doing the singing.

The 22-year-old daughter of Albion legend Gordon Smith has moved to the city in pursuit of pop stardom with her band The Playhouse.

Miss Smith is also setting up shop as a Zumba fitness instructor and says that the Latin dance workout was too much for her still super-fit dad.

She said: “He is still as fit as a fiddle so I gave him a Zumba lesson one day and the next day he couldn’t move.”

Fans can expect to see the former Albion legend, who will be forever known for his miss at the end of the 1983 FA Cup Final, in Brighton a lot as Miss Smith says her parents are dying to come back to the city.

Miss Smith will be running weekly Zumba classes.

Oh yeah 'oh gord lived in Hove - Woodland Drive actually.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
She looks just like him.

When her father lived in Brighton they sang his name but now Libby Smith will be the one doing the singing.

The 22-year-old daughter of Albion legend Gordon Smith has moved to the city in pursuit of pop stardom with her band The Playhouse.

Miss Smith is also setting up shop as a Zumba fitness instructor and says that the Latin dance workout was too much for her still super-fit dad.

She said: “He is still as fit as a fiddle so I gave him a Zumba lesson one day and the next day he couldn’t move.”

Fans can expect to see the former Albion legend, who will be forever known for his miss at the end of the 1983 FA Cup Final, in Brighton a lot as Miss Smith says her parents are dying to come back to the city.

Miss Smith will be running weekly Zumba classes.

Oh yeah 'oh gord lived in Hove - Woodland Drive actually.

Shes living with my partners parents (my father in law is still friends with GS from his Albion days)

Shes a nice girl, told me she wants to attend an Albion game as shes football mad like the rest of her family.

Did tell her we still sing a certain song about her dad but didnt go into detail:p

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
She looks just like him.

Yeah cos you're such an oil painting yourself, not forgetting you being a bread winner that most women would obviously kill for :rolleyes:

D

Deleted User X18H

Yeah cos you're such an oil painting yourself, not forgetting you being a bread winner that most women would obviously kill for :rolleyes:

What owning two properties one outright. Yeah I suppose so.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I would.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    229.7 KB · Views: 763

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Did tell her we still sing a certain song about her dad but didnt go into detail:p

I'm not known for my observation skills, but what is this song we song? It seems to have passed me by.....

Sent from my iPhone using TippyTapatalk

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
I'm not known for my observation skills, but what is this song we song? It seems to have passed me by.....

Sent from my iPhone using TippyTapatalk

you know the one, Starts "In 1983 we went to Wembley" and ends "Robbo got through, and he passed it to Smith, but the stupid Scot bastard was pissed and he missed. ..... And it Brighton, Hove Albion , Brighton, Hove Albion Fc, were by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
you know the one, Starts "In 1983 we went to Wembley" and ends "Robbo got through, and he passed it to Smith, but the stupid Scot bastard was pissed and he missed. ..... And it Brighton, Hove Albion , Brighton, Hove Albion Fc, were by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

I must admit I have never heard that song sung ata game either home or away. Heard the last bit and its Brighton Hove Albion etc but not the early part.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I must admit I have never heard that song sung ata game either home or away. Heard the last bit and its Brighton Hove Albion etc but not the early part.

In 1983, we went to Wemb-er-ley,
To play Man United and make history.
Robbo was through and he passed it to Smith,
The stupid Scots bastard was pissed and he missed
.... etc etc

I've sung it from the start many times, but I think the beginning of songs like that get a bit lost as it's only a couple starting the song, then a few more join in, and then the rest come in on the 'Stupid Scots Bastard...' bit.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
...... Oh yeah 'oh gord lived in Hove - Woodland Drive actually.

Chartfield, actually.

The Estate was built in 1980 opposite Hove Park just off Woodland Drive. Peter Ward, Nobby Horton and I think Michael Robinson lived there too. The developer of the Estate was something to do with the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here