Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Ramsay threatened at gunpoint and doused in petrol

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
TOUGH-TALKING TV chef Gordon Ramsay was threatened at gunpoint while filming for his new Channel 4 show.

The 44-year-old revealed how he also had petrol poured over him while filming Gordon's Shark Bait in Costa Rica, which investigates shark hunting in the country.

Police warned the foul-mouthed chef and his film crew to leave after shark hunting gangs tried to stop them filming.

He told a newspaper: "It's a multi-billion dollar industry, completely unregulated. We traced some of the biggest culprits to Costa Rica. These gangs operate from places like forts, with barbed wire and gun towers.

"At one point, I managed to shake off the people keeping us away, ran up some stairs to a rooftop and looked down to see thousands of fins, drying on rooftops as far as the eye could see. When I got back downstairs, they tipped a barrel of petrol over me."

He added: "Back at the wharf, there were people pointing rifles at us to stop us filming. A van pulled up and these seedy characters made us stand against a wall. The police came and advised us to leave the country. They said, 'If you set one foot in there, they'll shoot you.'"

Blimey. Wonder if it'll make the TV show.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hope it doesn't represent Costa Rica as crime ridden hell hole. It's a magnificent country.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Clearly no-one had a box of matches then.....

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I would love to have seen his christmas pudding impression

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sadly not very newsworthy, he isn't being barbecued as we speak.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he is a rather unlikeable person though isn't he..?regularly bringing budding gastronomists to tears and throwing perfectly good salmon away....:tosser:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Obviously hype for the new show so its tough to tell what the real story might be - I doubt he really shook off his security to sneak a look.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Hope it doesn't represent Costa Rica as crime ridden hell hole. It's a magnificent country.
Both are true sadly,.......... like a lot of these 'developing' countries.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
For anyone actually interested in the illegal trade in shark fins I highly reccomend watching the documentary film Sharkwater.
Of course if you're just interested in enjoying the possibility of Ramsey getting set alight, then please carry on...

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I wish these people would stick to doing posh things with bacon rather than set themselves up as crusading investigative journalists. A pox on the Ramsays and Olivers of this world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here