Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Goggles

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone else played with this ? I've just downloaded it on Android, its WELL smart.

Open the app and take a picture of something using the camera on your phone, then Google Goggles scans the image, and if it identifies it, it gives you a Google link to tell you about it.

Example: I've just taken a pic of the Albion badge on my mug. Google Goggles scanned the pic, and came up with a Google search result showing the badge and a link to Brighton & Hove Albion FC (as if you'd just typed it into the usual Google search engine). SUPERB !

It can be used to identify (and then subsequently Google) places, landmarks, books, wine labels, artwork, logos. It can even be used as a translater - take a picture of a sign thats in a foreign language, Goggles will scan it and translate it to english for you.
Doesn't work very well on animals though, apparently.

This thing is GENIUS and I'm not even LYING.

Google Goggles for Android

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just scanned a picture of Gus, and it took me to a webpage about GOD.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm at work, so havn't had a chance to really put it through its paces yet.
Should be proper good on my holibobs though. Identify this, translate that. Marvellous.

I bet if I point it at Kazenga, it'll bring up a link to FLAIR

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Won't it cost a fortune in interweb costs just to find out a sign says "Park your ass here 5€"

Hmmm, good point. I didn't consider 'roaming charges' for using the interbob abroad on the mobile.

Still, its a nifty toy for mucking about with in Blighty.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm still getting used to this malarky. Got the NSC logo right

What other market apps do you recommend Mr E10?

I dont like the facebook one much

I'm still groping around getting to grips with it meself a bit. Some of the ones I've got so far...

Sky+
Flixter for movies
BBC Sport, excellent for the football scores
Listen, for podcasts
RingLert, which has FASANDS of free ringtones and text alerts
Google Sky Map, which is an amazing app if you're into stargazing
Astro File Manager, which is dead handy for sorting / moving / copying / deleting files quickly and easily

I've been mincing around on this forum

HTC Wildfire Forum

I know you've not got a Wildfire, but its got a good sub-section board with loads of Android apps people recommend. Actually there's a general Android forum as well somewhere, these forums are MAGNIFICENT for learning little hints and tips on how to use your phone.

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
A few ideas for you chaps:

Apps 2 SD - checks which apps can move to your memory card and then does it.
Vignette - photo app. There's a free version but the paid version is definitely worth a couple of quid
Soccer Score Centre - bit like Sky Sports vidiprinter thing, with league tables, line-ups etc
ChompSMS - my favourite SMS app, although some people prefer Handcent
Opera - good alternative to standard browser (altho no Flash)
Multicon - brilliant app which allows you to resize the icons on your homescreens
Tapatalk - good way of looking at Forums (although I don't think NSC is enabled for it)
Games - whatever tickles your fancy but liking Jewels, Robo Defense, Spider Man, Angry Birds, Free Kick at the mo.
Guardian Anywhere - download the latest paper overnight using your Wifi and browse away offline.
Tricorder - geeks will love it
WiFinder - good for finding hotspots
Save MMS - lets you save attachments from MMS
3G Watchdog - helps you keep tabs on how your greedy little smartphone is gobbling up your data allowance

Ah how cool! What would happen if you took a pic of my COCK?

images

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A few ideas for you chaps:

Apps 2 SD - checks which apps can move to your memory card and then does it.
Vignette - photo app. There's a free version but the paid version is definitely worth a couple of quid
Soccer Score Centre - bit like Sky Sports vidiprinter thing, with league tables, line-ups etc
ChompSMS - my favourite SMS app, although some people prefer Handcent
Opera - good alternative to standard browser (altho no Flash)
Multicon - brilliant app which allows you to resize the icons on your homescreens
Tapatalk - good way of looking at Forums (although I don't think NSC is enabled for it)
Games - whatever tickles your fancy but liking Jewels, Robo Defense, Spider Man, Angry Birds, Free Kick at the mo.
Guardian Anywhere - download the latest paper overnight using your Wifi and browse away offline.
Tricorder - geeks will love it
WiFinder - good for finding hotspots
Save MMS - lets you save attachments from MMS
3G Watchdog - helps you keep tabs on how your greedy little smartphone is gobbling up your data allowance

Nice one, might have a snifter at some of those (they're Android I take it ?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here