Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodwood Festival of Speed

Oct 2, 2008
One of the highlights of the year for me..brilliant day out. Will be there next Friday. Any other NSCers going this year ?.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Went last year for the first time ,brilliant day,will be going again this year.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No anorak required.

Normally go but apparantly the family holiday is more important?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Out of interest does anyone on here attend the Goodwood Breakfast Club?

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Hang on a minute , I live in Ringmer, am a seagull fan and going to the festival of speed on sunday - are you my double?
Can you see anything - I was told to bring a ladder - where are the best vantage points?

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Went on Sunday last year. Got there for the gates opening (about 7) and it wasnt very busy. Didn't start getting packed til 10. Amazing day if you love motors.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just put two tickets for Friday up on the ticket exchange, may as well put something here incase anyone wants to make me an offer. Going on the Saturday now instead.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Never been but always wanted to. Young Malcolm was up for it this year so booked tickets today. Hope the weather improves. Any tips for what time to get there, best parking etc. Cheers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not this year but I intend to do the Goodwood Revival later in the year. Gonna go the whole hog and dress up in period gear this time.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ah the revival ... a sea of motors and stocking tops ...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Went to the fireworks at Goodwood last night, absolutely brilliant despite the weather. Not sure about the FOS, but the revival sounds brillaint.

Oct 2, 2008
Hang on a minute , I live in Ringmer, am a seagull fan and going to the festival of speed on sunday - are you my double?
Can you see anything - I was told to bring a ladder - where are the best vantage points?

Not been on Sunday as I usually go on Friday but in my experience certainly you can get a good view of the action without a ladder. Best advice for first timers is don`t buy grandstand tickets (a lot more money and you will spend the day lookiing around the show so won`t really have time to sit down) and leave early ,very early if possible, but don`t take the A27 route as there is usually long tailbacks. If you get time the rally stage is well worth a look.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. If you get time the rally stage is well worth a look.

Agreed, if you have never seen rallying you will appreciate that those guys are nutters as you walk through the woods with cars just flying past you. Quite a walk if memory serves me right but there are refreshments when you get to the top.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've often wondered who goes to this. Just sounds like an excuse to needlessly burn diminishing fossil fuels :shrug:

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Fantastic day out at Goodwood. Massive event with loads to see and do. Incredible number of cars and celeb drivers. Not cheap but worth it and will definitely go again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here