Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye to the following;

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
It's not a case of 'getting over' anything. The fact is, some of those are available and probably would strengthen our squad at this moment. You can't categorically say that they WON'T come back either, Keegan's return to Newcastle shows you that anything can happen in football.

It's not a case of 'getting over' anything. The fact is, some of those are available and probably would strengthen our squad at this moment. You can't categorically say that they WON'T come back either, Keegan's return to Newcastle shows you that anything can happen in football.

Darn it Morgan, I suggested you watch the video in my original post - apparently you skipped that part??

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I don't want any of them back, including O'Callghan. I'd take Currie i you twisted my arm...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't want any of them back, including O'Callghan. I'd take Currie i you twisted my arm...
Agreed. Currie is the only one worth taking back, IMO, and even then only for 18 months maximum. I don't think he'd offer anything to us in the Championship, but he creates a lot against teams at this level who give him too much space to get a decent cross in.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Simster, far be it for me to pick holes in one of your posts but we aren't in the Championship, we need a squad capable of getting us there. That said, I didn't see enough of Currie to comment on whether he is up to that challenge so I will leave that judgement to those who have.

However, the little I have seen of Ruby suggests that we may have signed an absolute gem, he just needs a little more polishing to shine...I am pretty sure he will, so I don't think we need Baz back with Jonny Dixon also waiting in the wings.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Indeed. And I suspect Currie is one of those players easily good enough for this division but a real struggler in the division above (not unlike Dean Hammond in that sense, IMO).

So I'd take Currie right now, simply because creative players like him are very hard to find at this level.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It would be interesting to hear who people think, from the current squad, would be capable of playing in the Championship. The last time we were there quite a few managed to raise their game, admittedly some couldn't, amongst those who did was the often criticised Kerry Mayo who was probably at the height of his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here