Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good podcasts?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Anyone able to reccommend any decent Podcasts?

Obviously the Albion ones are good (club podcast/Moan In), but is there anything else worth a go?

I get Danny Baker, Frank Skinner and Alan Davies' "it's up for grabs now" which is good.

But is there anything else football or non football related that's worth a go?

What are you listening to?

Cheers

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The Football Ramble is a MUST for football fans as far as I'm concerned.

It's just a bunch of lads talking about football but it's just that little bit less serious than the Guardian or Times ones, for example, and they cover a bigger period of history, e.g. events you may remember from football in your childhood.

I love it.

The Football Ramble, welcome to our site.....now lets get started

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Rhod Gilbert's show on radio wales is very funny and there's a podcast on itunes.
I was listening to it on a plane to Aberdeen and kept giggling.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I really like The Guardian's Football Weekly. Wish they didn't do so much European football but James Richardson is a great host and it's not as serious as it could be. The Game is a bit shit without Phill Jupitus, and also has the misfortune of having Alison Rudd, who is thoroughly the worst pundit I've ever heard!

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
Another vote for guardian football weekly, the euro bits are the best with sid lowe etc. I think marcotti is much better than jupitus on the times. Rudd is less annoying now as it's hard to take her seriously.

The best football podcast though is the world football phone in on five live. Great If you like the global game. Tim vickery is brilliant.

The worst is sportsweek, a potenially good show with high profile guests that is continuosly ruined by Gary Richardson.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Every week without fail the following keep me up to speed with what's going on.
1. The Guardian "Football Weekly" (& Football Weekly Extra) Still No.1.
2. The Times "The Game". Can be quite annoying, why they bother with Oliver Kay every week when he can't be arsed to come to the studio. Sick of listening to his drone on the phone. Paddy Barclay's opinions can be quite annoying too. f*** it, it's pretty shit really!
3. All of 5 Live Football Daily's. Excellent.
5. The Ramble. Good.
6. Sportsweek. Have to laugh at the way Gary Richardson just annoys the shit out of those he's interviewing. He's like a dog with a bone if they don't want to answer his question.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Cheers all.

Gonna have to give "Football Ramble" a go. It seems quite highly thought of.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Recommended from here:-

Football Ramble
Alan Davies
Albion Roar, obviously.

The Ramble, is a real grower, give it 2-3 episodes and you'll be hooked.

Also:-
The Daily Bugle, John Oliver and mate, UK/US current affairs.
PTI, American sport.
Fighting Talk, try and find the episode with Henning Wein and Crofty, pure class.
Danny Baker
Mayo & Kermode, film.
cyclingnews, I guess that ones for me, but blooming brill if you can't sleep!.
Friday night comedy, Radio 4
Murray and Lovejoy, pants but it fills the time.
Richard Herring, in one guise or another, normally with Andrew Collings. Although he will be quite for a while as is out on tour.

Oh yes I'm a postie, not a loney looney.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have three.

Fighting Talk - 5 live
Friday Night Comedy from radio 4
BBC History one

Of course I am old!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
iain lee and shindiggery used to be good - but seeing as he has turned a bit shit recently, its probably fair to say his podcast has gone a bit shit as well

blokes on soaps is coming soon as well, ive heard great things about it so definitely worth a listen when it is released

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
The one off, Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week Ramblings. Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here