Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news at last...

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
If you don't have a ticket for Friday night. Seagulls.co.uk says there are still some tickets left for sale. Perhapse the Board will stop taking us for granted if there is some blue plastic on view on matchdays.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
3gulls said:
If you don't have a ticket for Friday night. Seagulls.co.uk says there are still some tickets left for sale. Perhapse the Board will stop taking us for granted if there is some blue plastic on view on matchdays.

What do you mean "taking us for granted"?

Sorry, but I fail to see how empty seats will do anything other than put us further in the financial shit than we are at the moment.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Good news at last...

Gritt23 said:
What do you mean "taking us for granted"?

Sorry, but I fail to see how empty seats will do anything other than put us further in the financial shit than we are at the moment.

The Board do not act as though they need to provide a team worthy of the ticket price. They think they can sell-out whatever shite is dished-up. They think we turn up every other week to make another charitable contribution to the Falmer fund. Unfortunately, many of us will.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Good news at last...

3gulls said:
The Board do not act as though they need to provide a team worthy of the ticket price. They think they can sell-out whatever shite is dished-up. They think we turn up every other week to make another charitable contribution to the Falmer fund. Unfortunately, many of us will.

moan moan moan moan moan

There probably will be empty seats on Friday night because season ticket holders who have to travel will not be able to get there in time for kick off.
The club already have their money though so the gate attendance is not necessarily an indication of how much the gate money is.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Re: Re: Re: Re: Good news at last...

Yorkie said:
moan moan moan moan moan

There probably will be empty seats on Friday night because season ticket holders who have to travel will not be able to get there in time for kick off.
The club already have their money though so the gate attendance is not necessarily an indication of how much the gate money is.

Well said. I never know if I will make it to evening games. It depends what time I finish.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford

Yorkie said:
moan moan moan moan moan

So is this the same for a Tuesday game as well? :shootself

I will not be there for a change on Friday as I had a choice of Stoke at home or the company Xmas party. After the crap that has been served up against Rotherham and Millwall I'm afraid it's a night of enjoyment for me and is the first Friday night game I have missed since we moved back to Withdean.

That probably means I should go to the back of the queue for Spurs tickets then.

Football is about supporting your team but it is bloody expensive so I expect a bit of entertainment into the bargain. With an ever reducing playing squad I see that reducihng too. :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't understand what you're getting at binary?

Getting to Withdean for any weekday match is difficult for out of towners whether it is a Tuesday or a Friday.

What do the Spurs tickets have to do with anything? AMS are treated exactly the same as season ticket holders.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Re: Re: Re: Good news at last...

3gulls said:
The Board do not act as though they need to provide a team worthy of the ticket price.

The Board are providing the best team we can afford to build. Do you HONESTLY want them to take a serious risk on our entire existance?

They think they can sell-out whatever shite is dished-up. They think we turn up every other week to make another charitable contribution to the Falmer fund. Unfortunately, many of us will.

And you base this on what? Has the board EVER said that Withdean will sell-out every week no matter what?

Unfortunately, many of us will.

Personally I think it's fantastic that so many people, like me, turn up in good times and bad, through thickness and thin. How is it "unfortunate"?

By definition, you are saying it would be "fortunate" if when faced with time of struggle (I'm quite enjoying the football myself - better than Div 3 and Wood's team !) people would stop going in vast numbers, we would be even further in the shit, and almost certainly go out of business.

Oh how fortunate !!!

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
Sense at Last Gritt. We should take a step back in time and send some of these people back to Gillingham to watch Jamie Moralee & paul sturgess on a cold wednesday night losing 4-0 to cardiff in the bottum division mind you they would probally enjoy it, as they could moan away until their hearts content

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004

Gritt23 said:
By definition, you are saying it would be "fortunate" if when faced with time of struggle (I'm quite enjoying the football myself - better than Div 3 and Wood's team !) people would stop going in vast numbers, we would be even further in the shit, and almost certainly go out of business.

Oh how fortunate !!!

No i am saying that if people don't just turn-up at every game just because the Albion are playing, the Board will be forced to reconsider their policy of ripping-off the fans by providing sub-standard football at high prices, and diverting the money to their investment in Falmer. I.e. they will discover that the fans cannot be taken for granted and they need to provide value for money entertainment.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
wilderabeast said:
Sense at Last Gritt. We should take a step back in time and send some of these people back to Gillingham to watch Jamie Moralee & paul sturgess on a cold wednesday night losing 4-0 to cardiff in the bottum division mind you they would probally enjoy it, as they could moan away until their hearts content

At least we were playing in a proper ground and could keep dry in the Rainham End! :shootself

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
3gulls said:
At least we were playing in a proper ground and could keep dry in the Rainham End! :shootself

:thud:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good news at last...

3gulls said:
No i am saying that if people don't just turn-up at every game just because the Albion are playing, the Board will be forced to reconsider their policy of ripping-off the fans by providing sub-standard football at high prices, and diverting the money to their investment in Falmer. I.e. they will discover that the fans cannot be taken for granted and they need to provide value for money entertainment.

Their investment..their investment...should it not be our investment? We are all in this together matey!!!

They are trying bloody hard to keep the club we love alive with a future. So if they happen to turn out some sub-standard stuff, do it for the love of the club its history and tradition and hopefully for its bloody future.

Just do it!!!!!

:angry:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good news at last...

Perry Milkins said:
Their investment..their investment...should it not be our investment? We are all in this together matey!!!

Yes, THEIR investment, they will be equity holders in it, we will not! :shootself

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
How are we being ripped off exactly. No-ones being kept in the dark or misled about whats happening. I know my season ticket is expensive, but I also know the money from it is being used to fund the squad and the fight for a new stadium.
I would only feel ripped off if it could be proved that the directors were taking unreasonable amounts of money out of the club, through salaries, consultancy fees etc

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I would rather sell our best players and still have a club in a year's time.
I think we can stay afloat AND not go down. I am not watching 'sub standard football' I am watching the Albion, the team I love who have had 3 promotions in 4 years with no money and no ground. Bloody fantastic.
We ALL should be doing EVERYTHING we can - fans, board, united and together.
The only people who deserve our contempt and loathing are the NIMBYs, tree huggers and green welly toffs who seem to be actively trying to drag everything out as long as possible, bleed the club dry and destroy it.
We will never forget, or forgive, those people.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good news at last...

3gulls said:
Yes, THEIR investment, they will be equity holders in it, we will not! :shootself

Oh yes how foolish of me. Once the Albion are are healthy profitable institution they will cream off surplus resources and do a bunk to Sam Marino.

Its an investment in the future of our club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here