Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck to anyone picking up thier GCSE results tommorow...

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Hiney said:
My son is BRICKING it

Goes into school at 10 to collect them

I'm nervous 'n all. :(

And I hope they send the results home, as I can't get in tommorow :(

What subjects did your son do?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I trust everyone is getting pissed tonight in preperation. Trust me, going in a bit pissed will make your shit results hurt less.

:)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Referee! said:
I'm nervous 'n all. :(

And I hope they send the results home, as I can't get in tommorow :(

What subjects did your son do?

He took 2 last year and took 9 more plus an AS in History this year. Spanish, Geography, Maths, IT, RE, English and Science - not sure how it all works these days. When I took my O Levels, there were 2 english and 3 science subjects.

Last edited:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Hiney said:
He took 2 last year and took 9 more plus an AS in History this year. Spanish, Geography, Maths, IT, RE, English and Science - not sure how it all works these days. When I took my O Levels, there were 2 english and 3 science subjects.

Sounds a bit like me.

Although only half a History AS level :dunce: , half a geography AS level :dunce: , and a full Archaeology AS level. And A geograhpy GCSE a year early.

Tommorow, if I can get in I'll be picking up GCSE grades in: History, IT, Science, maths, English, French, and RE.

Gotta get 6 A-C grades :glare:

Oct 25, 2003
gcse's are PISS easy

i did no work at ALL for 2 years, no revision whatsoever and i got a, b and a load of c's

as long as you get enought to get into college then it doesn't matter, as no employer will look at it once you have a-levels

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
tommy boy said:
gcse's are PISS easy

i did no work at ALL for 2 years, no revision whatsoever and i got a, b and a load of c's

as long as you get enought to get into college then it doesn't matter, as no employer will look at it once you have a-levels

How encouraging. :rolleyes:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
tommy boy said:
gcse's are PISS easy

As opposed to my son who has worked his bollocks off for 2 years and is likely to get A or A* in all his subjects which gets him into a better college for his A levels which in turn will get him into the best University for his chosen career which in turn will get him a top job within said career.

:thumbsup:

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Hiney said:
As opposed to my son who has worked his bollocks off for 2 years and is likely to get A or A* in all his subjects which gets him into a better college for his A levels which in turn will get him into the best University for his chosen career which in turn will get him a top job within said career.

All colleges around here are relatively the same standard, unless you want to fork out £20k a year for Brighton College, IMHO BHAFC is a better cause to pay £20k.

Oct 25, 2003
Hiney said:

most state colleges offer the same grades (most are 5 a-c's) its not hard to get into, as bhasvic this year proved

also many uni's tend to give the benefit of the doubt to good performers at shit colleges(ie. straight a's at brighton college is not as good as straight a's at a shit college)

but anyway, good luck to your son, he deserves his a*'s etc. this should also be an indication of his a-level results:wave:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
tommy boy said:
most state colleges offer the same grades (most are 5 a-c's) its not hard to get into, as bhasvic this year proved

also many uni's tend to give the benefit of the doubt to good performers at shit colleges(ie. straight a's at brighton college is not as good as straight a's at a shit college)

but anyway, good luck to your son, he deserves his a*'s etc. this should also be an indication of his a-level results:wave:

I needed 3 a-cs!!!! Granted it was pcc

Oct 25, 2003
getting into a school college is much easier cos less people go there

i think if you went to blatch you were guarenteed to get into the 6th form regardless of your results

about 20 people went in the end

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
tommy boy said:
i've done no work for 4 years and have got into uni, i could've done a LOT more work for the same result

not meaning to gloat:)

Well done - i'm sure you will get everything you want out of life. The FACT of my son's situation is that he needs a good set of grades in order to do the A level combination he needs in order to get the degree course he wants.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
G.C.S.Es did seem a lot easier than A levels, though im guessing they probably should be

Anyway, good luck to all those doing their G.C.S.Es. Most colleges, as Tommy Boy said, do accept you even if your results are slightly below what they're expecting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here