Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Double page spread in today's argus

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sounds positive and more and more like it was just family issues he has to resolve himself and nothing to do with playing for us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So many people made absolute TWATS of themselves over the whole thing on here. We told you to wait and see.

"Vicente's gone down in my estimation..." etc. 'Sake.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
So many people made absolute TWATS of themselves over the whole thing on here. We told you to wait and see.

May I join you on the smug step? Said all along he'd be worth waiting for and that no-one actually knew what was going on behind the scenes. It was still early in the summer and even if this took another week to resolve, he'd still be with us for a full month's preseason and any delay would all be forgotten as soon as he makes the first defender of the season look like a plank.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
May I join you on the smug step? Said all along he'd be worth waiting for and that no-one actually knew what was going on behind the scenes. It was still early in the summer and even if this took another week to resolve, he'd still be with us for a full month's preseason and any delay would all be forgotten as soon as he makes the first defender of the season look like a plank.

Didn't have an issue with people being worried, it was where people were jumping to conclusions and actually made judgments on Vicente based ENTIRELY on things made up in their own head.

Still, it's all done now, let's enjoy him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure I made a TWAT of myself but I freely admit that I thought we'd seen the last of him, so I am now an OVERJOYED potential TWAT

*sidesteps the smug step*

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I believe the popular expression is "knee jerk reaction" although most of them came across like petulant children.........or perhaps just jerks

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
To be fair, from what was made of it all I didn't think we would see him in the blue & white stripes again. But like PSB and others have said, no one had a clue what was going on and assumptions were made.

Let's look forward to ripping the Championship apart next season with our flair-o-tastic team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure I made a TWAT of myself but I freely admit that I thought we'd seen the last of him, so I am now an OVERJOYED potential TWAT

*sidesteps the smug step*

I'm referring to people who SLAGGED OFF Vicente.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Didn't have an issue with people being worried, it was where people were jumping to conclusions and actually made judgments on Vicente based ENTIRELY on things made up in their own head.

Still, it's all done now, let's enjoy him.

These were the same people who slagged him off during his injury last season and questioned his integrity (effectively saying he was taking the money and had no intention of playing) - Unfortunately people will jump to conclusions too quickly without knowing the full facts...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
These were the same people who slagged him off during his injury last season and questioned his integrity (effectively saying he was taking the money and had no intention of playing) - Unfortunately people will jump to conclusions too quickly without knowing the full facts...

That one still makes me laugh - that he'd come to rainy old England for a payday rather than just sit in the sun on HIGHER wages at a La Liga club.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'll hold my hands up and admit that I did say something like I wish he has the balls to say whether he wanted to stay or go instead of leaving people in the lurch...but as it was entirely family related issues to deal with, I apologise!

I was defending him during his injury plagued start, just got annoyed that his agent said he wanted to leave or whatever he said, and felt betrayed, now he wants to stay, I'll take the pins out of my Vicente doll....

I think that there was the Elche element involved, only basing this assumption from what was reported and put up on their fan site, but now things seem to have been worked out. what is really encouraging is that Vicente is reported to be happy and willing to sign for longer if suitable terms can be agreed. I get the feeling that this will be his last season with us and that he will end up closer to home so lets enjoy him gracing the hallowed turf of our World class stadium whilst he's with us.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So has he come back with his missus and the kids or is he alone?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll hold my hands up and admit that I did say something like I wish he has the balls to say whether he wanted to stay or go instead of leaving people in the lurch...but as it was entirely family related issues to deal with, I apologise!

I was defending him during his injury plagued start, just got annoyed that his agent said he wanted to leave or whatever he said, and felt betrayed, now he wants to stay, I'll take the pins out of my Vicente doll....

We can all agree his agent is a knob, but "Agent in being a KNOB shock" isn't really news.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Just great to have him here really. I'll admit, I didn't expect to see him back but who cares! He is! Finally, I can commit to "VICENTE 15" on my away shirt!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

as my old Gran used to say "they're judging others as they judge themselves"!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

I think I'll join you in the smug club. In THAT massive Vicente thread by Bozza I said weeks ago that I thought he would sign for us again, that Elche was a smoke screen and why else would Bruno sign with us if Vicente was buggering off.
Just awaiting some more lovely bright shiny new signings this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here