Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Day For Staying Indoors And Watching Quality Racing From Longchamps

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Arc day today, some quality racing televised on BBC2. Nature's way of telling you to turn the heating up and stay indoors with a nice bottle of wine.

I fancy Soldier Of Fortune meself at around 4/1 :thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

All I ASK is Ryan rides a good up with the pace race

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
A bottle of French Red of course?

Here are my selections

1.15 Overdose
1.50 Copperbeach
2.25 Mastercraftsman
3.00 Katiyra
3.40 Vision D'etay

A great win at the Valley yesterday and now some real quality racing followed by Newcastle losing at Goodison

MARVELLOUS!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
There was very little rain in Paris last night, only 1mm, and the going has not really eased at all from yesterday. The official line is that it's good to soft (3.3), but the times yesterday suggested it was much closer to good.

Which is not great news for Vision D'Etat, sadly, (got him at 12-1 after the trials). He should still be very difficult to keep out of the frame, though. Backing Prix Niel winners in the Arc, particularly when they've been put away after winning the French Derby with an autumn campaign in mind, is one of the better systems I've come across down the years.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
FWIW, also think National Colour is nap material for a back-to-lay. Has much more speed than most of the others anyway, but the ones that might have a chance to take her on for the lead - Overdose, Fleeting Spirit - are drawn wide and will find it very difficult to get into the race. She is around 7-1 on Betfair now, but I'll be amazed if she doesn't get down to 3-1 or even less in running. Just a question of clicking the button at the right moment...

Katiyra will be getting a bit of my hard-earned too, don't think she was ever going to be a 12-furlong filly and has been brought along for this ever since the Irish Oaks.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Tom Hark
I fancy Soldier Of Fortune meself at around 4/1 :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Tom Hark
You will get 9/2 with most of the UK bookies, except BSq (7/2). Only a half point difference. But in these economic hard times, every little counts! Particularly if you are a "high roller". Which possibly you are?!
Word of warning though. Take the price and get on early, as there is a rumour that US might also be tipping Soldier later on today. If this happens, there will be a major plunge in the price. With the likes of Beach Hut and other posters stampeding to the bookies to put their fivers on!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Take the price and get on early, as there is a rumour that US might also be tipping Soldier later on today. If this happens, there will be a major plunge in the price. With the likes of Beach Hut and other posters stampeding to the bookies to put their fivers on!

Nooooooooooo... :down:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
thanks mtoto great post:ban::whisky::drink:

Addick, I dont know who you are or how good you are on the tipping front but have decided to follow your nags today purely as a gamble.
You will either be a big friend from now on or a ............................(place insult as appropriate).
You now have added responsibilty this afternoon.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
thanks mtoto great post:ban::whisky::drink:

Glad to be of assistance.

There is a right old wind blowing straight down the track, btw, which gives me even more hope that National Colour will last home. Think it was the uphill finish that found her out at Newmarket, and it's much flatter here.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I love it at Longchamps, especially at this time of year. It's like all the best bits of Ascot with all the elitism stripped away and the trees are in their autum finery. Last went a few years back but it was something like a fiver to get in and you got free and quality racecard. You could wander absolutely anywhere you liked in the course, none of that 'Member/Silver Ring nonsense. Oh, apart from half a dozen seats enclosed by a velvet rope. That's where the President of France sits.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I love it at Longchamps, especially at this time of year. It's like all the best bits of Ascot with all the elitism stripped away and the trees are in their autum finery. Last went a few years back but it was something like a fiver to get in and you got free and quality racecard. You could wander absolutely anywhere you liked in the course, none of that 'Member/Silver Ring nonsense. Oh, apart from half a dozen seats enclosed by a velvet rope. That's where the President of France sits.

Tom Hark
Re geting in for a fiver. Things havent changed. Even free admission for "ladies" wearing hats (a bit sexist if you ask me!). 2008 prices:

Entry: 4 E on Saturday - 8 E on Sunday - Half-price: for the over 60s and students. (proof required for reduced and free admission) ,li>Free admission for ladies wearing hats, under-18s and French Equestrian Federation members. (proof required for reduced and free admission)

Same in Oz. Prices even for the major races dirt cheap compared with the UK

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tom Hark
Re geting in for a fiver. Things havent changed. Even free admission for "ladies" wearing hats (a bit sexist if you ask me!). 2008 prices:

Entry: 4 E on Saturday - 8 E on Sunday - Half-price: for the over 60s and students. (proof required for reduced and free admission) ,li>Free admission for ladies wearing hats, under-18s and French Equestrian Federation members. (proof required for reduced and free admission)

Cheers for that.

Total class by the French. In the UK they'd prosecute the racecourse for sex discrimination by allowing ladeez with hats in for free.

Tremendous day out and an even better weekend. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
That was an entertaining way to start the day. They are now going to run the Abbaye after the last, which will be at about 6pm local.

Hard to say how many will actually line up, tho. As for all the poor sods who've had a bet, and want to get a Eurostar back tonight, no idea what will happen there.

Hopefully National Colour won't fluff the start second time around. Best result of all would be Overdose though. Would be quite something if he could win the same Group One race twice in the same afternoon... Realistically it must play into the hands of Marchand D'or and Fleeting Spirit though, one of them pulled up very quickly and the other had no race at all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That was an entertaining way to start the day. They are now going to run the Abbaye after the last, which will be at about 6pm local.

Hard to say how many will actually line up, tho. As for all the poor sods who've had a bet, and want to get a Eurostar back tonight, no idea what will happen there.

Hopefully National Colour won't fluff the start second time around. Best result of all would be Overdose though. Would be quite something if he could win the same Group One race twice in the same afternoon... Realistically it must play into the hands of Marchand D'or and Fleeting Spirit though, one of them pulled up very quickly and the other had no race at all.

Reckon they should scrub the re-run. The winner won't get credit for the win in the record books and the losers will have a ready-made excuse. Maybe just pay all the connections expenses and some kind of damages?

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
All true, but it's an ongoing reminder of your incompetence if you have a gap in the record books for a Group One. If you've got a name there instead, everyone will soon forget the false start.

Overdose was still looking very frisky when he was led back in, but I guess he'll be a 50-1 chance if or when they re-open the betting.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Cancel that, seems the French have a rule that if you cross the line after a false start, you can't run again even if you want to. Real shame for the connections, long way to come for nothing.

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Dear Questions

I cannot believe that you have followed my reccomendations in relation to Horses, we had winner in the 1.15 but the race was voided nd then Copperbeach sneaked 3rd I think

Lesson one Never ask Charlton Athletic Supporters anything in relation to sport. We are not good judges as our taste in football clubs aptly demonstrates!!

Cheers

Stuart:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here