Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone to Falmer

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Seeing as I only went to about 10 games at the Goldstone Id say yes. There is no way we would still be there now because the place was falling down and was in need of modernising and I dont think we could have done the work on the Goldstone site.

We've got a a brand spanking new ground that were about to move into thats going to be one of the best outside of the prem so all in all I think were better off.

Who knows what would have happened if we didnt have Belotti et all???

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Seeing as I only went to about 10 games at the Goldstone Id say yes. There is no way we would still be there now because the place was falling down and was in need of modernising and I dont think we could have done the work on the Goldstone site.

We've got a a brand spanking new ground that were about to move into thats going to be one of the best outside of the prem so all in all I think were better off.

Who knows what would have happened if we didnt have Belotti et all???

Ahh, but I live in the past.

I still do my hair like kagagooogoo.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No way. No f***ing way at all.

I'd give anything to have had the last 12 years at the Goldstone. How good would Virgos goal against Swindon be in a packed North stand.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

I'd give anything to have had the last 12 years at the Goldstone. How good would Virgos goal against Swindon be in a packed North stand.

A bit like Deano against Ipswich.

Point well made. :rave:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick

You could argue that if there wasnt that 'feel-good' vibe around the club in the first couple of seasons at Withers then we wuldnt have had the promotions, money, fans etc that led to that moment.

Would the Goldstne have been such a fortress that Withdean was?

Im not saying that its a good thingwe left the Goldstone, but theres no saing that we would be any better or worse off than we are now or that we would even have falmer on the doorstep.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

A bit like Deano against Ipswich.

Point well made. :rave:

Interestingly that wouldve been the last game that we wouldve been allowed terracing at the Goldstone. Can you imagine how SHIT it wouldve been the following season in the championship with seats bolted in.

People are saying that we could never have redeveloped at the Goldstone but I don't really get how a retail park was allowed.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
WHEN WE GET TO THE FIRST GAME AT FALMER IHOPE WE GET THE SAME BUZZ AND GREAT TIMES WE HAD AT THE GOLDSTONE BUT I DOUBT IT ? :amex:

Oct 2, 2008
WHEN WE GET TO THE FIRST GAME AT FALMER IHOPE WE GET THE SAME BUZZ AND GREAT TIMES WE HAD AT THE GOLDSTONE BUT I DOUBT IT ? :amex:

Falmer will be our new home and I`m really looking forward to it,,,,,but its an age thing , the Goldstone has so many memories for me it will always be home. End of the last game at the Goldstone is still the only time I`ve cried at an Albion game.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
the goldstone will always have great memories and for many it will be the only home of bha. what i am looking forward to is again having home games where we ,hopefully, have 15-20 thousand albion fans together. it wont replace the goldstone but we may have a decent atmosphere once again.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Can't beat the atmosphere of a packed Goldstone but it was a sad old place by the time we left and that was down to neglect.

I'll always treasure those memories but I'm so excited by looking at falmer and the thought that it really is 'ours' and we are going to have such a fantastic home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here