Goldstone retail park

Goldstone Retail Park -Would you shop there

• Never Ever Till I Drop.

Votes: 54 65.9%
  • I Might one day when Falmer is built.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • I Go there now.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • I would never go but the Mrs dragged me to toys'R'us.

Votes: 9 11.0%

• Total voters

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Would you shop there?

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Nope its a bit far to go. I also won't shop at Toys R Us, Comet, That sports shop used to be Sports Div, DFS etc. Whereever they happen to be.

No buyers for stolen property no stolen property

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Yeah don't go there because its obviously DFS and Comet that brought the downfall of the Goldstone and nothing to do with overspending, Greg Stanley, Bill Archer or David Bellotti.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible said:
Yeah don't go there because its obviously DFS and Comet that brought the downfall of the Goldstone and nothing to do with overspending, Greg Stanley, Bill Archer or David Bellotti.

Can't speak for anyone else but I don't boycott it because of the businesses there, I boycott it because of what once stood there. Got no problem with going to Comet at Churchill Square etc.

The only businesses I will boycott are Focus and Wicks.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Safeway said:
Can't speak for anyone else but I don't boycott it because of the businesses there, I boycott it because of what once stood there. Got no problem with going to Comet at Churchill Square etc.

The only businesses I will boycott are Focus and Wicks.

If you live there avoiding the place is an easy choice, if you don't you have to show the contempt for what they did to it somehow.

Focus on Dicks is a given does anyone actually use them?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Safeway said:
And I'm not sure 'overspending' is the phrase I'd use. 'Asset stripping' more like it.

Do your homework.

Asset stripping to get the club in the situation where they owed 7 million? I don't think so. If previous owners of the club didn't constantly borrow money against the ground then the club wouldn't have been in the situation to allow c*nts like Archer to take over.

I refuse even to drive past the place.

I would like to say I boycott all the firms that have shops there, but I have never even wanted to know who they are - although DFS do send me regular junk mail which gets torn up as soon as I see what it is.

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did buy a pair of Nike sandals for my holidays a couple of years ago from JJB or whatever it is.

Have also eaten in Burger King a couple of times.

I am very sorry. :blush:

I have not been anywhere near the Goldstone site since we played Donny.

I always vowed that when we have a new permenant stadium I shall head on down there before heading to the first match at Falmer.

We always had to move on from the Goldstone and once Falmer is built I can finally put the Goldstone to rest knowing we're going to a better place.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Won't even go down Old Shoreham Road. Don't know what all the shops are at the development but I would have no prob with them.

Like most free-thinking people, I boycott Focus and encourage everyone else to do the same.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have not been past there since it was a sacred place and will not. I will drive a couple of miles to avoid it if needed as it has too many fond memories over 40+ years there. The next time that I will go past it will be in one of Ian Harts hearses on my final journey.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Despite my protestations my wife shops there. Well she's from Orpington.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Have never and will never shop there. Still get emotional just driving past it sometimes. I had to severely tell off the Mrs when she went to JJB and Toys R' Us.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I vowed 7 years ago that I would never put a foot in that park and to date I have not. I genuinely mean it when I say if someone gave me £ 1000 to buy something from Toyz R Us I wouldn't go in.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have no beef with ToysRUs, Comet etc. Therefore I won't boycott it as such when I eventually move to Hove. However, I suspect that I will always ask the wife to do the shopping if it means paying the GRP a visit. And she knows it, and is fine with it - probably because she saw that I nearly cried when I first saw it about a year ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here