Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone memorabilia........

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Ok, what kind of wierd shit did you steal from the Goldstone? ive got a blue turnstile door from the north stand (the one i went through for 10 years!) and a brick from the back of the west stand players entrance.

Oh, and a broken piece of advertising board from the north stand.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I always wanted a turnstile. What a superb garden gate that would make.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I have a seat from the west stand

I aways wanted one of the antique turnstiles and will pay big money to get one,....................anyone?

I think only 3 survived!!:down:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
this must have been done at least a million times on here? but why not...

amongst other things (inc. a big sign from the back of the South Stand saying "Seat No's 186-214" and a seat from the West...) I took a few bits of ripped up turf and put it in my garden... shaped it into a nice rectangle, went and nicked some redgra from Bishop Otter College/WSIHE/CHIHE/UCC/UoC/whatever to make a "path" around it and put a little fence round the whole thing... a real nice shrine for a couple of years (the grass died in the end though:nono: )

very personal grief responses in relation to the whole RIP Goldstone thing... total respect/understanding for the people who didn't take anything - but also to the people who took loads of stuff and still have it...

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I also have a 'hook eye' from the goalpost.............memories memories:angel:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Moshe Gariani said:

very personal grief responses in relation to the whole RIP Goldstone thing... total respect/understanding for the people who didn't take anything - but also to the people who took loads of stuff and still have it...

I was young(er) at the time. I remember feeling a bit sick watching everyone rip the place apart and just left :(

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I also have a small section of the north stand goal netting- some guy had bothered to take a pair of sissors to the game just for that purpose (millwall stewards would have loved it!)

be fun to try to remake the entire net from the bits people took!!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
A bit of net.

Transferred some Goldstone turf in the garden of my parents' house in Bexhill. Sadly they sold the house a few years ago. Even more sadly the new owners tarmaced the front garden into a 'room for 15 cars' sea of concrete. :angry:

Took a camera that day, and the pictures still bring a lump to my throat.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Moshe Gariani said:
this must have been done at least a million times on here? but why not...

:clap2:

'North West Terrace' sign (but missing the 'No') so 'rth West Terrace' but still measuring in at a respectable 7.5ft x 1ft.

Last edited:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Toilet seat from the North Stand bogs.

Only joking. Got some turf and a numbered piece of a West Stand seat.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
bhafc99 said:
Transferred some Goldstone turf in the garden of my parents' house in Bexhill. Sadly they sold the house a few years ago. Even more sadly the new owners tarmaced the front garden into a 'room for 15 cars' sea of concrete. :angry:

Took a camera that day, and the pictures still bring a lump to my throat.
Why take photos of someone tarmaccing the front garden?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
grass is long since gone, but I still have a piece of east terrace concrete in my display cabinet.

I fear that never again will I stand on home terracing to watch the albion, and my son will never appreciate the enjoyment It gave me :(

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
from the West Stand

Attachments

• imgp0206.jpg
    imgp0206.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 216

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I have a metal peg which secured the net to the ground from the goal in front of the South Stabnd which, at an appropriate moment, I AM GOING TO SHOVE UP ANN DE VECCHI'S ARSE!!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My West Stand seat, and a piece of turf which has been growing relatively happily in a blue and white pot ever since. Needs constant maintenance though, including cutting before important home games, which reminds me, wheres my special scissors......

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here