Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone .... Leeds & Portsmouth (Sorry Ian Chapman)

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kev, you look so cute. What happened? :jester:

That Pompey game brings back a few memories. Having said that, I don't recall the scuffles on the pitch and what were the white areas around the penalty area?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
New avatar needed, Kev.

Attachments

• Kev.jpg
    Kev.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 654

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I was at that Pompey game. I went with my dad in the west stand seats (not sure why we did, but that was the only time we ever sat there). I remember that header by Matthew Edwards. Remember Kurt Nogan going down Injured and the ref allowed play to go on in the benifit of The opposition. Much to the disgust and annoyance of everyone around me.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
The Leeds game was remembered for their keeper Mervyn Day swinging on the crossbar in the warm up in front of the north stand and getting his boots caught in the net.
he had to lay on his back with his feet in the air whilst the leeds back room staff untangled him much to the delight of 5,000 BHA fans who by now had uncontrollable raptures of maniacle laughter.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I remember the Pompey game, what I'd forgotten were the comedy striped shorts, they were so wrong!

:lol:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
The Leeds game was remembered for their keeper Mervyn Day swinging on the crossbar in the warm up in front of the north stand and getting his boots caught in the net.
he had to lay on his back with his feet in the air whilst the leeds back room staff untangled him much to the delight of 5,000 BHA fans who by now had uncontrollable raptures of maniacle laughter.

I remember that well, unfortunately the cameras didnt catch him swinging on the bar but they caught the rest....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKF1T3jlRUw

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I just LOVE being a Brighton fan. We're having a good season, playing competitive football, with a young and improving team. Doesn't get much better.

And to top it all, a few old clips to warm the cockles.

White stuff was a very frosty south goal..... where a pompey player was scythed down right near the end, no pen! Even more hilarious considering pompey had brought so many to a non ticket match some bright spark stuck loads of surplus pompey fans in the North Stand. There was a dad with young kids up from Hampshire next to us who was absolutely shitting himself!

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Loving the Pompey scum one, just sent it to my Pompey mate.

I remember going to that game on the trai as a skinny young scamp. I said to my mate that I wondered if that twat with the bell would be there. What I didn't know was that the blokes next to us were Pompey fans and one of them asked the other if he'd brought his bell with him. At which point I shut up and looked out the window until getting off at Aldrington.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here