Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to football....alone

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Does anybody ever do this?
As i'd planned to go to Watford and sadly no longer can, i'd decided i was up for going to Reading. And i really want to go...

However, one mate has pulled out due to finances, another is going in a full car elsewhere, and the only other Albion fan i know is a complete prick who i've never really gotten on with for the last 4 years or so.

So, do i go the the game on my own (by train), and pay about 40 quid for the day, or do i stay at home, and listen on SCR..missing out if we record an unlikely victory?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't know (Billy Nomates) :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I can offer you a lift WW along with Bakesy.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
NEVER

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Do it WW, I have done it loads of times, usually bump into someone I know when I get there anyway. Sheff Utd last season I met a bloke I knew at school, hadn't seen him for about 20 years, good to catch up and chat about the ups and downs of the Albion.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Beach Hut said:
Don't know (Billy Nomates) :lolol:

Can anyone on NSC on a Friday make that kind of joke?:lolol:

But yes, it is bit of a problem isn't it!:p

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As an Albion fan it is your solemn duty to watch the team at every opportunity. Travelling alone? If you are going by train there are normally loads of Brighton supporters anyway so you are never on your own.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
For slightly sad reasons I pretty much always travel alone. :ohmy:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I confess I went to Wycombe away one night on my own by train and back - did meet a mate on the way back though.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I used to go with my Dad to the Goldstone. He became disenchanted, but I didn't. None of my mates are Brighton fans so going to games alone is pretty much all I know.

However you do get to meet some nice people on your travels.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I went to the Play off final on my own, finally recognised someone i know on the Eastbourne Borough coach at the services on the way home.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I usually go to away games with my dad but when he's not able to go I still go on my own. Usually only the London games, in fact I'm still thinking of going to Watford tomorrow, he crimbo shopping.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
How about starting up an Albion dating agency for lonely solo away fans like me ? My sadest moment was standing on the Kop at Anfield in 83 trying to look nonchalant after Jimmy Case had scored our winner !!!

Very occasionally I lapse into being the football supporter I was when I was 10 years old and sneak off on my own to watch the once-mighty Newport County.

The last time I saw them play was at Lewes, where - as it happens - I know quite a few Rooks supporters. But, as an opposition supporter for the day, it didn't seem right to join them.

So there I was, isolated behind the goal, when who should come up and speak to me but ...

... Tim Cutress.

:eek:

Moral of the story... go with your mates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here