Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going the Donny Way?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It seems as though Doncaster have started to sign more physical players in their push to get up the table. They also seem to have had some immediate success and are now being linked with every 6'6" player who is either not getting regular football or is out of contract. Should we be thinking of doing something similar?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you want neck ache and a return to hoof ball I suppose yes but not really progress.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Its all very well passing the ball around nicely but you do need to put it in the net the other end as well - I'm sure Gus know this and understands the ideal style is somewhere in the middle.
We all admire Barca but they get found out quite often too - Its only when teams try and play the same way against them that their superior passing and technical ability really shows.

If you remember Inter pushed them aside with strength a couple of seasons back. It wasn't pretty but it got the result and it did sort of piss on the tippy tappy fire.

You can say you would prefer to play Barcas way but if you end up like arsenal especially with there silent plastic fans it could be very boring after a while.

Personally I would like to see a squad that can play nice football but have the physical strength when you need it

Fur Cough

Unreal. This thread is unfuckingbelievable.

Anyone who doubts what is being built and thinks they know better than the powers that be at Brighton may as well move up north and support Donny.

6 feet f***ing 6 players with prescence, fucks sake.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think a striker with a bit of presence, i.e. hold up the ball and threat in the air, but it doesn't mean he has to be a lump.

Getting the midfielders into the gym over the summer (it is hard to do developmental training mid season) might help as well.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Mark Macallum and Baz Savage ? Maybe we could get them back.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Donny are needing to try the Colchester United approach to avoid the drop , we don't play that way.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Anyone who doubts what is being built and thinks they know better than the powers that be at Brighton may as well move up north and support Donny.

er .... bit of an overreaction?!!! I don't think its a question of stopping playing the way we play but surely in this division we need a bit more height, skill and physicality to complement the passing game not replace it!!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I totally agree Mr Cough, Poyet is not going to get the team to play that way. Barca sometimes lose, no team wins every game but most of the time they play the opposition of the park with small skillful players.

Fur Cough

er .... bit of an overreaction?!!! I don't think its a question of stopping playing the way we play but surely in this division we need a bit more height, skill and physicality to complement the passing game not replace it!!

Over reacton my f***ing arse.

last time i looked Barceloana had this little fella playing up top, his name is Messi I think. Never know, he may make a name for himself.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Over reacton my f***ing arse.

last time i looked Barceloana had this little fella playing up top, his name is Messi I think. Never know, he may make a name for himself.

Unfortunately he isnt available, and as a rule world class players aren't in the habit of playing in the championship, not whilst in their prime anyway. We all understand the ethics of a Poyet team, and we all enjoy how we play, however their is no hiding the fact that our team is a little lightweight and could do with a solid ball winner. Just because people talk of a bigger stronger player doesn't mean we all want some donkey hoofing it.

Oct 25, 2003
If you remember Inter pushed them aside with strength a couple of seasons back. It wasn't pretty but it got the result and it did sort of piss on the tippy tappy fire.

...until the next season when they absolutely pissed every competition they entered playing the same style of football

against inter they had a goal wrongly disallowed which would've put them through, but they were basically mourinho'd.....can happen to anyone

Fur Cough

Unfortunately he isnt available, and as a rule world class players aren't in the habit of playing in the championship, not whilst in their prime anyway. We all understand the ethics of a Poyet team, and we all enjoy how we play, however their is no hiding the fact that our team is a little lightweight and could do with a solid ball winner. Just because people talk of a bigger stronger player doesn't mean we all want some donkey hoofing it.

You miss the point. It really doesn't matter which division you're in if you play the the game like Gus wants. Now correct me if I'm wrong but did we win the league last year, the league one trophy that is without one.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Completely agree with this, why would we want to go "the Donny Way"? Surely they are looking for scrapers to survive!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here