GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
First- John Keeley
Best-Kuipers edging over Beeney

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Did Eric Steel use to do an impression of Groucho Marx.
Or am i going mad in my old age?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
1st; Mark Ormerord (possibly Nicky Rust, but hopefully not)
Best; Michel Kuipers

It's going to take a lot to change my opinion of him as a goalkeeper. Say what you like about his kicking, he made some saves that were incredible and he's the only Brighton goalkeeper I've seen (so far!) to win back to back titles... The save against Blackpool, way back in the day, reversed my opinion of him completely. I loved him after that.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
1st seen on tv - Eric Steele.
1st seen live - Joe Corrigan
Best - John Keeley

Honorary mention - FDM - Mr Albion

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Grummitt to both questions. Lucky to have witnessed him for the Albion. Perfect in all aspects, including incredible shot stopper reflexes.

Perfect in all aspects! Wasn't it Grummitt whose drop kicks were always sliced towards the left touchline on halfway line? He was the first keeper I saw but the best was probably between Steele/Beeney.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
1st; Mark Ormerord (possibly Nicky Rust, but hopefully not)
Best; Michel Kuipers

It's going to take a lot to change my opinion of him as a goalkeeper. Say what you like about his kicking, he made some saves that were incredible and he's the only Brighton goalkeeper I've seen (so far!) to win back to back titles... The save against Blackpool, way back in the day, reversed my opinion of him completely. I loved him after that.

This-

many attributes make a goalkeeper-

handling,kicking,throwing,distribution,agility,positional sense,anticipation,the ability to save with the weaker arm,closing down correctly,box command,crosses(rules Jesus out:lol:),stamina,concentration....but above all else my number 1 priority is-shot stopping.

Kuipers= No1

Edit:and the ability to shout scream & organise

Last edited:

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Casper has the best distribution, (what year did back pass rule come in as things definitely changed). I believe the Leeds fans used to call him Dracula, because he hates crosses.
Think he must of worked on this as I have seen no evidence of this so far with Brighton.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
The male model like Tony Burns

Peter Grummitt

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Perry Digweed - First and most cowardly.

Mark Beeney/John Keeley - = best.

Digweed got better with age didn't he?

There is a sick joke in there about him being cowardly but I'm not going to make it. I never really noticed him being cowardly to be honest, but it wouldn't have been suprising given the injury he suffered. If you were at that particular game sitting in the South Stand you know what I mean.

Mosely was the first keeper I saw...I think.

Thought Keeley, Beeney and Kuipers were great Number 1s in my Time.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
1st seen - Graham Moseley.
Best - Mark Beeney

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
First was Powney and Peter Grummitt was probably the best. Not in my all time Albion greats though as Grummitt did not play enough games for the Albion.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
First was Powney, best was probably Beeney. as an add on favourite performances were Keeley at Peterboro one year and Corrigan saving a Kerry Dixon penalty at Chelsea one year for us. Dixon had just missed 2 penalties at Portsmouth and the whole ground gave him a standing ovation when he collected the ball to take the penalty! Although we ended up losing it was a priceless moment at the old Stamford Bridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here