Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GNW 'may' stay

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Argus report

GIFTON Noel-Williams has given the first hint that he could join Albion permanently - even if they go down.

The centre forward on loan from Burnley until the end of the season scored his second goal in four games at Ipswich on Saturday.

He said: "I never burn my bridges. If Brighton still want me at the end of the season then that's another option for me.

"At the end of the day it's all about playing footabll and if I'm going to get a chance here and Burnley say they don't want me and they are going to let me go, then hopefully Brighton will still be an option for me.

"I've got to wait until after the Stoke game and then me and my advisers will sit down and think about it and hopefully we'll come to a conclusion."

Noel-Williams, borrowed just before last month's loan transfer deadline, has been taken aback by Albion's brand of football.

"It surprises me how well we actually play," said the former Stoke and Watford striker.

"I thought it was going to be a bit kick and rush but the football we play is very good.

"That's made me feel good and refreshed, so it's all positive for me.

"I feel at home here. The gaffer, the boys and the staff have made me feel so welcome and it's a shame really I wasn't here earlier, then maybe we wouldn't have been in this position.

"Right now Sheffield Wednesday are still seven points ahead but they have got a harder run-in, Reading and then Derby away. If we can get the points today then there is every chance for us."

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gifton Noel Williams
Gifton Noel Williams

Would be great if he did stay, I think he has really helped improve CKR even in the few games he has played. In the same way that I think Charlie is a positive influence on the team, I believe that GNW will be the same with our young strikers.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Have Gifton's goals come too late?

by Andy Naylor

ONCE the dust settles on another nerve-jangling season for Albion, there will be plenty of if onlys.

The biggest of all will be if only Gifton Noel-Williams had arrived sooner.

The difference Noel-Williams has made was plain for all to see again at Portman Road.

It is not just the two goals he has scored in four games. He is the focal point of the attack, a target to hit, a target missing ever since Adam Virgo's irresistible summer sale to Celtic.

Albion hunted high and low for a replacement. It certainly wasn't for the want of trying that they had to wait until last month's loan transfer deadline to land Noel-Williams.

A whole variety of reasons - not least of which was sheer bad luck - prevented the Seagulls from signing a striker earlier.

Manager Mark McGhee, reflecting on a gallant second away win on the trot, said: "When I think how hard we've tried, where we have looked and the players we tried to get.

"There was just no one available. Gifton was the first one and it's not as if he was sitting up in Burnley and we didn't think to phone him.

"We asked about Gifton and others and when he became available we took him. Let's hope it's not too late.

"Gifton was the difference (on Saturday) between us being a football team and something else. All season we've missed that.

"The last six games it's no coincidence, three draws, two wins and a defeat. We've got a proper centre forward."

Noel-Williams was not around for the first two of those games, draws at home to Preston and away to QPR, but his opener in first-half stoppage time against Ipswich followed a debut header in the home draw against Luton and supplying the cross for Paul Reid's early effort in the victory at Millwall.

Two goals in four games and two wins is a pretty useful return

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
The Great Cornholio said:
He would have to be cheap wages wise. He runs like his knees will fall off at any minute - we don't want another Kitson.

It is because he has arthritis in his ankles.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I heard the athritis story too, from a mate who's a Stoke fan - although he said it was Gifton's knees.

Reckoned that it really hinders him in cold weather.

Could be dodgy....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He did ok against Luton in the cold and wet though.

It would be a bit of a gamble, will depend on his wage demands and if Burnley want a fee I expect.

Last edited:

1066gull

GIFTON IS A LEGEND!
HE WEARS A MAGIC TOOTH!
AND WHEN HE SCORES FOR BRIGHTON
HE SAYS IM HAVING THAT
HE SCORES WITH HIS RIGHT FOOT
HE SCORES WITH HIS LEFT
AND WHEN WERE PLAYING PALACE
HE SCORES ALL f***ing NIGHT!

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Adriodinho said:
GIFTON IS A LEGEND!
HE WEARS A MAGIC TOOTH!
HE SAYS IM HAVING THAT
HE SCORES WITH HIS LEFT

He hasn't played for us against the SCUM.

And it's "...when we're playing Palace..."

Shit for brains.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Plus it's supposed to RHYME, and it's a SHIT song ANYWAY that only MONGOLOIDS like PALACE would sing.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
And how can you wear a magic tooth?

GIFTON IS A LEGEND!
HE WEARS A GIANT COD PIECE!
HE SAYS AUDREY HAS SHIT FOR BRAINS
HE SCORES IN THE BEDROOM
EAR, MOUTH, AND FANNY
AND WHEN WE WERE PLAYING PALACE
HE WAS SCREWING KEV THE APE!

Nah, it just doesn't work.

Last edited:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Adriodinho said:
GIFTON IS A LEGEND!
HE WEARS A MAGIC TOOTH!
HE SAYS IM HAVING THAT
HE SCORES WITH HIS LEFT

isnt it meant to be he scores them with his LEFT foot
he scores them with his RIGHT

cos then it rhymes with scores all f***ing night ???

E

enigma

Adriodinho said:
GIFTON IS A LEGEND!
HE WEARS A MAGIC TOOTH!
HE SAYS IM HAVING THAT
HE SCORES WITH HIS LEFT

You really are a mug.

mattieoo

Nov 17, 2005
in the cold
GIFTON IS A LEGEND!
HE WEARS A GIANT COD PIECE!
HE SAYS AUDREY HAS SHIT FOR BRAINS
HE SCORES IN THE BEDROOM
EAR, MOUTH, AND FANNY
AND WHEN WE WE'RE PLAYING PALACE
HE WAS SCREWING KEV THE APE!

Nah, it just doesn't work.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
GIFTON IS A LEGEND
HE'S GOT A GOLDEN TOOTH
HIS DOUBLE-BARRELLED SURNAME
PROVIDE US ALL THE PROOF

WE'RE GONNA WIN THAT LEAGUE ONE
HE'S GONNA SCORE A PILE
WE'RE GOING UP AS CHAMPIONS