Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glory Hunters

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Quite right lush. If there is a shortage of tickets, then season ticket holders first is a good way of sorting it out.

If season ticket holders were given first choice it would have given all the wrong signals - like there won't be enough (as usual). By throwing it open the Club tell everyone there are plenty of tickets and all are welcome. Well judged I think.

There was no red carpet for season ticket holders ? Was that really a problem ?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
And if they had allocated a morning for season ticket holders loads of people would be moaning it should have been the day. I just do not see the problem.

Much more important to give the message out that tickets are available and plentiful, and it is simple as possible to get one.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lush said:
In return for coughing up early - I get a guaranteed seat, with a view that I like and am used to, without having to make a special phone call or trip to the ticket office, with familiar faces and friends all around, all at a discounted price.

The club doesn't owe me A THING.

I love you.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Dick Knights Mum said:
Quite right lush. If there is a shortage of tickets, then season ticket holders first is a good way of sorting it out.

If season ticket holders were given first choice it would have given all the wrong signals - like there won't be enough (as usual). By throwing it open the Club tell everyone there are plenty of tickets and all are welcome. Well judged I think.

There was no red carpet for season ticket holders ? Was that really a problem ?

Not a problem a such as I got my ticket as all other season ticket holders will have. I just felt like my money and loyalty had gone unnoticed. Don't get me wrong I'm not fumiong over this or anything but I just feel that the club should do more for it's season ticket holders. There are people out there that buy season tickets simply to be guarenteed a seat at the bigger games. I'm not saying I agree with this. But the club is sending out the clear message that if you buy a 10 year season ticket and a cup final comes up you will be queueing with Chelsea fans that simply want a day out. If I had forked out for a 10 year ticket to help out the club (and also benefit myself obviously) when it needed the cash straight after Xmas when funds are tight. It would be nice to feel special in some way that seperates you from the average joe on the street when if come to the BIG games.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The glory hunters do serve the Falmer purpose and are admittedly the potential future fans.

My only wish is that when it comes to Sunday i'm not surrounded by egits saying "Are we in the stripes then?" and "who's our No10 then":angry: :angry:

The glory hunters are just what this club needs, it is they who will be filling the other 16,000 or so extra seats at Falmer.

Not everybody can be the perfect fan (myself definitely included I've only been going four years, moving down to brighton from london, and spending 20+ years at west ham) so you have to make allowances for the newbies. I am living proof that once you get the Brighton bug you are in for the long haul. And I am hoping that many of the new fans and returning old ones will feel the same way as me after sunday. it's a terrific opportunity for the Albion to get under the skin of a whole new set of supporters who will be left begging for more and upping the clamour for falmer even more.

I appreciate the season ticket complaints, at 3pm saturday I was fuming myself, but looking back on it there were always going to be enough tickets for everyone. You can still stroll up and get one today, put an application in the post today you will probably still get one. So I would think that the club thought giving preference was not neccessary and would have just added to the admin chaos. When we are at Falmer and we have 15000 season ticket holders then we can expect a bit of special treatment.

Until then just enjoy the day and let others share our joy and excitement.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
At least we've got some bloody glory to hunt!!

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Very good point teaboy!! A lot of Brighton fans have not seen us play since we were at the Goldstone and I'm sure some of them will be going to Cardiff. This surely will be a good thing to get those fans back??

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Glory Hunters?

I would say it was the best chance for most to get a guarnteed ticket in donkeys years. glory hunters follow teams like arse and Manure, not Brighton. I think ive left more games suicidal than euphoric, glory hunters? :tosser:

Lets face it, with Falmer weell get about 6 thou plus a few more untill we start doing well then the FANS will start comming back. It may sound twisted but we would be better of chasing promotion at the top of the second than fighting relegation from the first to get the FANS back in the habit of going again.

:angry:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The fact that your attitude indirectly sneers at large crowds following the albion reveals what a bunch of nob heads you all are.

You want to follow a small team? Well f*** off and follow Orient then.:angry:

Being a fan is 90% about Dreams, f***ing have some.!!!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i think a lot of people seem to forget about the casual fan thatv we certainly miss at withdean! every ones welcome as far as im concerned

Albion Rob

I feel that season ticket holders are rewarded throughout the season. The last season ticket I bought in 2000/2001 entitled me to: A fantastic view from the back of block F for every game, a free cup game, a small reduction in the overall cost for the season, priority tickets for every game when there weren't enough to go round. Oh....and a snazzy little fixtures card.

I honestly think that is quite fair. I would rather queue (although I have to admit I didn't becasue someone else did!) among everyone and have a bit of banter. You hear all the old lot all the time "I queued for seven hours for my cup final tickets....", will this is our moment (and I'm sure plenty who went in '83 too!), we've queued up, we've got our tickets and we're going to the finest stadium inj the land to sing our hearts out and watch the stripes secure promotion.

Can we really expect a lot mnore? This big day out could just save the club from the stranglehold it's in by convicing people we have a generation of lost fans out there. a generation whose only engagement with football is a clenched fist and a small "Yessss" when ManUre knock in another meaningless goal at Old Trafford. They risk never having mentals like we did at Swindon. Never suffering like everyone did on Thursday. Adn never supporting their local team.

maybe. just maybe a lost generaion of kids will see the Albion for the first time and realise that excitement, passion and tension that can NEVER be transmitted through a TV screen is right on their doorstep.

and I hope to god the bloody roof isn't shut.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Dick Knights Mum said:
And if they had allocated a morning for season ticket holders loads of people would be moaning it should have been the day. I just do not see the problem.

Much more important to give the message out that tickets are available and plentiful, and it is simple as possible to get one.
and if it had been season ticket holders only then there would be no guarantee who ud be sitting next to! at least doing it this way you can sit next to who you want and it also increases the chances of getting casual fans there if they can sit next to there mates who just might happen to be season ticket holders

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here