Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glory Hunters

Lush

Mods' Pet
You can talk about gloryhunters - but hacking all the way to Cardiff in the middle of a Bank Holiday Weekend is not exactly an obvious choice for the casual supporter.

And while the queues sound a nightmare, they have had the side effect of making people realise the massive support for the club - good news re Falmer.

There have been plenty of tickets for all - and these are the people and kids who will come to a nice modern stadium - particularly if there is 1st Div football.

We should welcome them all with open arms!!!!

:clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Absolutely. The Gillingham exile and the fact Withdean deters the casual supporter (few tickets available, no pay on the day etc) has lost us so many fans, we should be thrilled to bits that some might be regained. Especially kids. Ten years between the Goldstone and Falmer will cost us a lot of local youngsters to the Premiershite.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Including those wearing Chelsea shirts?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'm all for Glory Hunters as long as they are behind the queue to Season ticket holders...

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
fatboy said:

There was a kid wearing a Man Ure shirt in J block not too long ago! (Who let him in?)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My wife made a good point yesterday. If we had just sold to those Albion fans who had gone to Withdean and Gillingham, then we would have appx 10k supporters at Cardiff.

This would have gone down very well in Falmer.

However if I see anyone with a Chelskie/Arse or manure shirt on I will not be very happy.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I disagree entirely. Unless you can present the till receipts for having bought an average of two burgers per match for every single Brighton game at the Priestfield stadium, you should not be allowed even to look at the club shop.:jester:

Fact is, the interested people that have never been to Withdean are the future of the club - they're the reason Falmer is so crucial. Anything other than a warm welcome to these new fans - many of whom will be in Cardiff - would be cretinous from us older lags.

Lush

Mods' Pet
fatboy said:

Yes.

Some are kids who don't know what it's like to support your local team - so they go with the "team off the telly". We can convert them! How many people here were supporting a Premiership/old Division One team before they got taken to their first Brighton game?

Some are people who've moved out of London and have never had a chance to see Brighton play. They are used to decent facilities. But the fact that they're interested enough to travel all the way to Cardiff on a nice Bank Holiday Weekend says to me that they won't find it too difficult to pop along to Falmer - and once you start going you can get hooked!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Man of Harveys said:
I disagree entirely. Unless you can present the till receipts for having bought an average of two burgers per match for every single Brighton game at the Priestfield stadium, you should not be allowed even to look at the club shop.:jester:

Fact is, the interested people that have never been to Withdean are the future of the club - they're the reason Falmer is so crucial. Anything other than a warm welcome to these new fans - many of whom will be in Cardiff - would be cretinous from us older lags.

Totally agree just please don't wear other team's shirts to Withdean/Cardiff/Falmer :)

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
whilst adults wearing chelsea (or whatever) tops to queue for albion tickets can feck right off, lay off the kids will ya!

or do you go around getting annoyed cos 12 year olds listen to gareth gates and watching children's telly?

they'll learn. oh yes, they will learn:)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Quite right. And it was refreshing that everone had an equal chance of tickets, without season ticket holders getting some special status. There is a time and a place for that where tickets are limited, but for the play-off final it was good to see all Albion fans treated the same.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I agree with Lush. I used to support Spurs after the 1990 World Cup (with Gazza and Lineker). My Dad took me to a few games at the Goldstone that season, but my first real memory is the Play-Off Final in 1991. After that, I was completely hooked. When all these kiddies come to Cardiff and see the huge support, it'll be a day that they'll never forget. Just a shame that Falmer isn't waiting for them next season to make the most of it, as most wont be able to get a ticket for Withdean.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I have no problem with kids wearing shirts from other clubs. I'll admit to owning the Everton strip when I was a boy. However, to wear it whilst queuing for another teams tickets is a bit of a piss take. It may not be the fault of the child but it should be the responsibility of the parent to say, look son I don't think it's appropriate to wear that today. Bit like wearing a t-shirt that said "f*** 0ff" on non-uniform day. The child doesn't know better but the parents do.

Am I taking this too seriously? ???

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Dick Knights Mum said:
Quite right. And it was refreshing that everone had an equal chance of tickets, without season ticket holders getting some special status. There is a time and a place for that where tickets are limited, but for the play-off final it was good to see all Albion fans treated the same.

Ok you goon , next time Potless sends out the begging letters in February asking for people to renew their season tickets send them to the glory hunters and once a season merchants. The people who have sat thru a load of crap in the rain this season putting money in the club week in and week out deserved a lot better than this and people won't forget.
I wonder if Potless has the bollocks to give a statement out saying exactly why he and the poodle treated their most loyal supporters like shit :angry: :angry: :angry:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
And it'll be great at Falmer with our 4,000 season ticket holders and maybe another couple of thousand occasionals.

We need to get more people engaged with their local team - the ones who watch the team when they are on the box but don't want to sit outside in the rain in the generally crap atmosphere that is Withdean.

Some season ticket holders seem to think they are doing the club a favour having the tickets. Of course it suits the club to get the money that early, but they do get something for their (our) money.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Dick Knights Mum said:
And it'll be great at Falmer with our 4,000 season ticket holders and maybe another couple of thousand occasionals.

We need to get more people engaged with their local team - the ones who watch the team when they are on the box but don't want to sit outside in the rain in the generally crap atmosphere that is Withdean.

Some season ticket holders seem to think they are doing the club a favour having the tickets. Of course it suits the club to get the money that early, but they do get something for their (our) money.

Why do you think giving 4,000 fans priority over play off tickets will affect Falmer gate receipts? If I were an arm chair fan I would have expected it. I think that casual supporters should be welcomed with open arms and encouraged to turn up more. But I really don't understand how offering season ticket holders a short queue would affect this?

Lush

Mods' Pet
In return for coughing up early - I get a guaranteed seat, with a view that I like and am used to, without having to make a special phone call or trip to the ticket office, with familiar faces and friends all around, all at a discounted price.

The club doesn't owe me A THING.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Lush said:
Yes.

Some are kids who don't know what it's like to support your local team - so they go with the "team off the telly". We can convert them! How many people here were supporting a Premiership/old Division One team before they got taken to their first Brighton game?

Agreed - I used to wear a Liverpool shirt (og god, oh god, oh god) until I was old enough to go to Brighton on my own. Yes I am thoroughly ashamed of myself.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
In 90% of other business regular customers get special treatment from those that only buy occasionally. If I bought a yeatly seasno ticket for the railways I get 33% off other ticket when I buy for other routes for example. We're not asking much to have a seperate queue for season ticket holders or an earlier time slot to but our tickets are we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here