• Yes

Votes: 104 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 51 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Would you be happy to have Murray back and that be the end of our transfer dealings

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
stop gap
for a few seasons maybe he was OK and will again be OK forget what he has done or where he has been this would be a good bit of business

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We definitely haven't had enough threads about the possibility of Murray coming back.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Didn't want him to leave and would love to see him back, Murray + CMS would be a formidable partnership IMHO.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes. It would a) shut a lot of people up and b) a lot of people would look stupid when it turns out he isn't the 20 goal a season Championship goal machine that they seem to have convinced themselves he is, despite him manging a mighty 6 goals last season.

"He's the perfect foil for CMS", they say. Well that may or may not be true, but what evidence is there to suggest that Gus would play the two of them together?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
BARNES

MURRAY CMS

simples

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes. It would a) shut a lot of people up and b) a lot of people would look stupid when it turns out he isn't the 20 goal a season Championship goal machine that they seem to have convinced themselves he is, despite him manging a mighty 6 goals last season.

"He's the perfect foil for CMS", they say. Well that may or may not be true, but what evidence is there to suggest that Gus would play the two of them together?

Not a single person has said he would score 20 goals in the Championship. Not a single one. He does however, have a LOT to his all round game, that would suit our passing style.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Your poll appears deliberately obtusive to me.

The average reader opens the thread, sees the question "Would you have Murray back", votes yes. And only then sees the caveat you've added below, which is "if it meant he was the only striker signed".

You should either change the question or admit you've got some other agenda going on here.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No , on the basis we cannot sign anyone else. Yes , on the basis we swap him for Hoskins.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We can discuss til blue in the face but fact is nobody can give an accurate opinion as we cant see the budget figures / transfer fees / wage budgets / wage requirements of all these strikers we're after. I know fans will speculate but when it comes down to it, our opinions aren't based on enough evidence are they..

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Never proven himself in the championship.

Doesn't even start for Palace (was being left on the bench for JERMAINE EASTER) last season towards the end.

Not the physical prescene we need to allow CMS to flourish. Murray is a goalscorer. I would guess he will not be happy being the 'foil'.

If we were signing a player with 6 goals, on the bench from, say, Bristol City, this board would be DISGUSTED that he is apparently the answer to our "problems" (which are wildly over-exaggerated)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ok I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

Everyone's talking about Murray coming back (which would be brilliant) but with Hoskins going the other way to Palace.

Before the start of last season and Hoskins' injuries, 99% of Brighton fans would have preferred him to Murray.

I actually think that if he can get fit, then Hoskins will actually be a BETTER player than CMS and Murray put together. OK he's unproven at this level but neither CMS or Murray last season were receiving rave reviews.

All this panic about buying strikers (and I admit, I'm one of them) will be resolved if Will is given a decent run in the team as I honestly think he will be the answer to our striker problems.

Now what i WOULD like to see is a squad with Barnes, CMS, Hoskins AND Murray in it, with Toby as back up. F-L-A-I-R!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Never proven himself in the championship.

Doesn't even start for Palace (was being left on the bench for JERMAINE EASTER) last season towards the end.

Not the physical prescene we need to allow CMS to flourish. Murray is a goalscorer. I would guess he will not be happy being the 'foil'.If we were signing a player with 6 goals, on the bench from, say, Bristol City, this board would be DISGUSTED that he is apparently the answer to our "problems" (which are wildly over-exaggerated)

Gus seemed to suggest Tues we need a goalscorer to be fair and I think Murray is a physical presence - because of his arial ability. I agree with the last bit though.

Also, don't forget it is 100% FACT there are 2 Glenn Murrays...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here