Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd be delighted with this, we all saw how much better we were with Murray on the pitch than without, even if he doesn't score a lot of goals in this league as long as he continues to contribute some excellent hold up play, tracking back and linking up with CMS or whoever he'd be well worth having back.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I couldn't help but be underwhelmed if this turned out to be true, which I doubt anyway. Beyond the betrayal and subsequent fuckoffery aimed (fairly imo) at him, I'm just not convinced for footballing reasons he's the right answer. Yes he wins it in the air but so does Sam Vokes, we need an all-rounder, to compliment CMS but also bury them himself. He is no more clinical than CMS and hasn't exactly set the world alight at palace, just because he was good for us in L1 doesn't make him the answer in the NPC. Add onto that he went for financial reasons, why pay a fee and then give him what he was demanding in the first place? With Ambrose's set piece delivery he should have scored more for palace then he did, I just think it shows he's not the man to spearhead a push for the prem. Money spent better elsewhere imo.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
I couldn't help but be underwhelmed if this turned out to be true, which I doubt anyway. Beyond the betrayal and subsequent fuckoffery aimed (fairly imo) at him, I'm just not convinced for footballing reasons he's the right answer. Yes he wins it in the air but so does Sam Vokes, we need an all-rounder, to compliment CMS but also bury them himself. He is no more clinical than CMS and hasn't exactly set the world alight at palace, just because he was good for us in L1 doesn't make him the answer in the NPC. Add onto that he went for financial reasons, why pay a fee and then give him what he was demanding in the first place? With Ambrose's set piece delivery he should have scored more for palace then he did, I just think it shows he's not the man to spearhead a push for the prem. Money spent better elsewhere imo.

BZ on loan with a view to buy if we get promoted would be extremely tasty.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
But then,that is cloud cuckoo land and isn't going to happen. Say after me..... It isn't going to happen ! I do wish some people would take a reality check here .

In fairness though until we have something to believe then we will all continue to wish....as re to Murray...that would b good...but like I say at the moment we all seem to do a lot of speculating with very limited supposed fact..

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
But then,that is cloud cuckoo land and isn't going to happen. Say after me..... It isn't going to happen ! I do wish some people would take a reality check here .

Well said. I'd love us to be playing to sell out crowds in a stunning stadium with an England international left back, a Serie A legend in midfield and a former Man Utd keeper in goal but that's not going to happen either.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Well said. I'd love us to be playing to sell out crowds in a stunning stadium with an England international left back, a Serie A legend in midfield and a former Man Utd keeper in goal but that's not going to happen either.

Do you mean La Liga?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Well said. I'd love us to be playing to sell out crowds in a stunning stadium with an England international left back, a legend in midfield and a former Man Utd keeper in goal but that's not going to happen either.
You forgot a la liga player playing at Right back, a full Welsh international, full Scottish international..we can all but dream..

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton

Instead we play in front of sell out crowds, in a stunning stadium, with an England international left back, a La Liga legend in midfield and a former Man Utd keeper in goal

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Really can't see this happening, would be a huge waste of money in that we could have kept him last year and avoided any transfer fees/signing on fees/agent fees, and something was obviously not right between him and Gus.

I still love Murray as a player and on his day he's great, but his day isn't often enough and I am sure we can, and will, do better.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
forget what fans feel about him (and the revelation he left for money, skint or otherwise), at the end of the day Gus wasnt interested and he's done nothing at palace to suggest he would step up in this league. so why are we going to be interested in resigning him?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I don't feel in the slightest bit dirty for saying I'd love him back. I said when he left that the financial benefits of his goals getting us to the Championship far outweighed any fee we would have got if we'd lost him in January. Despite the fact that Palace fans will give it large about a transfer fee after getting him on a free, and they will, I still believe we're in profit overall once a deal did take place.

That's if there actually is any truth in the rumour, obviously.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like GM but he is WAAAAAY too slow to be in our current forward line, especially if we are going to counter attack at pace. He won't have got to the half way line having helped the defence out before Buckley or KLL are down the other end of the pitch waiting to cross the ball

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I don't feel in the slightest bit dirty for saying I'd love him back. I said when he left that the financial benefits of his goals getting us to the Championship far outweighed any fee we would have got if we'd lost him in January. Despite the fact that Palace fans will give it large about a transfer fee after getting him on a free, and they will, I still believe we're in profit overall once a deal did take place.

That's if there actually is any truth in the rumour, obviously.

If we step past the fact we may have to pay that lot cash for him it would be a real addition to the team and the missing part of the jigsaw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here